Windows 10: Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607

Discus and support Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows Version: 1607 (OS Build 14393.2214) So for the past few months I have been attempting to update my version of windows and kept being met with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Protical, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Protical Win User

Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607

Windows Version: 1607 (OS Build 14393.2214)

So for the past few months I have been attempting to update my version of windows and kept being met with the same failure suggesting that my computer was unable to reserve the system partition for the update. However when I checked through the Windows 10 Upgrade App it said my computer met system requirements. The issue now being that I have hit a brick wall, upon attempting to allow my system to allocate more space all options (even properties) is greyed out on my disk management. On top of this my automatic updater has fallen heavily behind stating the first update failure was back on 8/24/17 (sadly I hadn't noticed.) I also have attempted to install each update starting with 1703 manually via the Microsoft update catalogue which also suggested my computer did not meet system requirements. I believe this issue is also causing some of my applications to not start as the system started sending "ntdll.dll" errors when I attempt to start up certain applications. Is there someone that could possibly help me troubleshoot this issue and if absolutely necessary I can also use team viewer.

:)

Protical, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Anthony Gal, Oct 12, 2019
  3. WmBlack Win User
    System Reserved Partition W10 install problems

I have more than ample specs for W10 but the install continues to fail perhaps because I replaced the 2 hard drives with one Samsung SSD, which works great and runs W7 (64-bit) and all apps flawlessly.

None of the suggested fixes has helped and the partition tools suggested do not show the format as depicted in the examples (perhaps due to the one SSD?).

PC Magazine is reporting that Microsoft is preparing to push more people into upgrading to W10 through various means.

I am concerned about that as I seem unable to address the system reserved partition problem.

Bill Black

WmBlack, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607

Upgrade to 10 failed - unable to update reserved partition

I'd like to see your Disk Management.

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console
    You'll get an output similar to this:

Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607 [​IMG]

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.
    Option 2: Use Disk Management in the x-Menu (right click the Windows menu (aka Start), select Disk Management)
    Select View > Bottom > Disk list
    Maximize the window and grab the screen shot.

Slartybart, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607

1. Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607 - Similar Threads - Unable Reserve System

2. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  3. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  4. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  5. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  7. W7 to W10 upgrade fails – can't update the system reserved partition

W7 to W10 upgrade fails – can't update the system reserved partition: Apologies for the length of the post but I wanted to pre-empt requests for info. Dell E5450 laptop; Windows 7 SP1; Samsung 250 SSD W7 updates have all been applied other than the August monthly security update. I have cloned the SSD to another Samsung 250, in case the...
  8. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  9. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...
  10. Can't Update System Reserved Partition

Can't Update System Reserved Partition: Received this message whilst trying to upgrade my Acer Laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Home. [img] I've previously upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Pro & subsequently performed a clean install with no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 - Error 0xc1900201we couldnt update the system resereved partition