Windows 10: Unable to reset login PIN.

Discus and support Unable to reset login PIN. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I don’t know why I was locked from using the fingerprint but I’m not able to insert a pin because I tried every one I ever used and none work. I dont... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DanniMa, Feb 8, 2021.

1. DanniMa Win User

Unable to reset login PIN.

I don’t know why I was locked from using the fingerprint but I’m not able to insert a pin because I tried every one I ever used and none work. I dont have the password option and when I try to reset the PIN, it says I need to download an app but I cant without forst logging in.

:)

DanniMa, Feb 8, 2021

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 8, 2021
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to reset login PIN. - Similar Threads - Unable reset login

2. Unable to reset PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  3. Unable to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  4. Unable to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset pin: Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin/26dfbc64-e92a-4d99-9c44-b0463fa51b5f
  6. Unable to reset pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset pin: Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin/26dfbc64-e92a-4d99-9c44-b0463fa51b5f
  7. Unable to reset pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to login via PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login via PIN: Hello community! I am suddenly unable to login using my PIN. I have tried to reset it but it keeps on failing. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-via-pin/b0ceaf03-c07a-4f20-b44b-a17ae26ae6e3
  9. Unable to reset PIN code for login,

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to reset PIN code for login,: Yesterday, I got a problem with a key being phantom pressed, which is fixed. This leads into my problem. The phantom presses made my PIN code invalid because it incorrectly entered it too many times, and now I can't login with a PIN. Is there any way to re-enable the PIN...
  10. Reset win10 login pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset win10 login pin: Is it possible to reset the windows 10 login pin if you've forgotten what it was? I managed to get it changed (after *much* trial and error), but it appears to require the old pin to change the pin -- even if you know the password. That's just weird. You should be able to...