Windows 10: Unable to reset Microsoft Password

Discus and support Unable to reset Microsoft Password in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The resetting process stops at the point where one is asked to enter a birthdate. The error message is "enter a valid date". It is as though, when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GordonHarper1, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Unable to reset Microsoft Password

The resetting process stops at the point where one is asked to enter a birthdate. The error message is "enter a valid date". It is as though, when my original account was set up an incorrect date was entered.

I have worked 6 hours over the past 2 weeks, under two different Case Numbers and made four telephone calls for assistance. Twice I have been promised escalation of my case and never have heard back from anyone at a higher level of authority to reset my password. Additionally, I called the Boston Retail Store and was routed back to the routine technical assistance area.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way to contact Microsoft - preferably in North America - that offers a solution.

As it stand now, I am receiving notices from Microsoft Billing to update my credit card; I am a "stranded" customer.

:)

GordonHarper1, Jan 24, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 24, 2019
  3. I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Unable to reset Microsoft Password

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reset Microsoft Password

1. Unable to reset Microsoft Password - Similar Threads - Unable reset Microsoft

2. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.: Hello there,I am facing issue that I can't reset my password of my laptop. I am using Windows 10. I forgot the password so I want to reset it but couldn't do that. Also there is another issue previously I could change and set PIN lock on my laptop but now I couldn't do both...
  3. unable to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to reset password: unable to reset password, locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-password/b5f1d6a1-a8a5-40ad-b691-624e3ce703da
  4. unable to reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to reset password: unable to reset password, locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-password/b5f1d6a1-a8a5-40ad-b691-624e3ce703da
  5. unable to reset password

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable to reset password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to reset password: As I enter my password to login into the system. IT prompt me to reset password. And as I enter new password, it not accept it. And not let me login into the system....
  7. Unable to reset Microsoft account password

Unable to reset Microsoft account password: Hi,Trying to help a friend with her Win 10 home Laptop problems, I re flashed the BIOS. This means it now boots up ok, but I get this message:Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again. This prompts...
  8. Unable to reset Microsoft password. Locked out of laptop

Unable to reset Microsoft password. Locked out of laptop: I turned on safe mode, but am unable to unlock my laptop as I do not know the microsoft password. I have attempted to reset my password by verify using code, but it says that there is an temporary problem. I know it is not temporary as I also tried to reset the password...
  9. Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password: Have a MS account which email was no longer correct. But was able to login to PC using a PIN. I may have created another MS Account with the correct email but PC will not let me log into the new account. The login screen keeps prompting old MS account. Tried to reset...
  10. Unable to reset password in Microsoft family

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reset password in Microsoft family: Hi, I created account in Microsoft Family for my son and tried to log in to this account. Unfortunately I forgot the password and decided to reset it. However the system asked me to enter Microsoft account password but I have never had this account and a password. It demanded...