Windows 10: Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...

Discus and support Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have multiple PC's on Microsoft Live email. I can work with it on my PC but for some reason I can't get it to reset on my laptop win 10. I keep going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulJBlock, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...

I have multiple PC's on Microsoft Live email. I can work with it on my PC but for some reason I can't get it to reset on my laptop win 10. I keep going through the reset procedure but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas since Microsoft Help leads me through the same procedure which doesn't help at all.

:)

PaulJBlock, Jun 23, 2022

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jun 23, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...

Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...

1. Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this... - Similar Threads - Unable reset password

2. How do I reset this password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset this password?: Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let windows start up properly during covid so after a few trips to the local computer shop after lockdown was lifted, it’s finally up...
  3. How do I reset this password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset this password?: Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let windows start up properly during covid so after a few trips to the local computer shop after lockdown was lifted, it’s finally up...
  4. How do I reset this password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...

Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...: I have multiple PC's on Microsoft Live email. I can work with it on my PC but for some reason I can't get it to reset on my laptop win 10. I keep going through the reset procedure but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas since Microsoft Help leads me through the same...
  6. Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to reset password on live.com on a laptop but it works on a pc. How do I fix this...: I have multiple PC's on Microsoft Live email. I can work with it on my PC but for some reason I can't get it to reset on my laptop win 10. I keep going through the reset procedure but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas since Microsoft Help leads me through the same...
  7. How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?: I wanna reset my pc but suddenly it say there was a problem reseting this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-there-was-a-problem-reseting-this-pc/6ed504e3-a6da-4a48-9eed-6bd882c428a2
  8. How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?

How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?: I wanna reset my pc but suddenly it say there was a problem reseting this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-there-was-a-problem-reseting-this-pc/6ed504e3-a6da-4a48-9eed-6bd882c428a2
  9. How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. live .com

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    live .com: People have to contact me first for me to be able me to reply to them.All of my contact addresses have a ; after them,started about 5 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-com/6e1ae4de-6ac2-4888-a9ee-7719173fc0e1