Windows 10: Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004

Discus and support Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to reset my PC after scanning system files with CMD. sfc/scannow found corrupted files and was unable to repair, so I wanted to reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by conr45, Aug 2, 2020.

1. conr45 Win User

Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004

I am trying to reset my PC after scanning system files with CMD. sfc/scannow found corrupted files and was unable to repair, so I wanted to reset my computer to a stable release build of Windows 10. However, I got an error message saying "There was a problem resetting your PC" with the message "Required files are not trusted. The files' certificate may have expired or the files might be modified by others." I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 10, how would I be able to reset or reinstall my copy of Windows 10?

:)

conr45, Aug 2, 2020

2. UNABLE TO REINSTALL OR RESET THE PC

Hi Abijeet,

When troubleshooting, answering these few basic questions can help isolate the issue:

• May we know why you reset your PC?
    • Are you on an Insider build?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • When do you get the error message?
    • Are you able to go to the desktop before getting the error message?
    • Have you tested running your Windows on Safe Mode?

To start your PC in Safe Mode, follow the simple steps in this link.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jezhel Uga, Aug 2, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Toshiba Encore 2 won't reset to public build or boot from USB

Hello,

This issue might be caused by system conflict. We suggest trying to stop the Windows Insider Builds by following the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • Choose Settings then select Update & security.
    • Click on Windows Insider Program then choose Stop Insider builds.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004

1. Unable to reset PC Insider Build 2004 - Similar Threads - Unable reset Insider

2. Reset this PC on Windows 11 Home Insider Preview build 25931.1010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset this PC on Windows 11 Home Insider Preview build 25931.1010: While on Windows 11 Home Insider Preview build 25931.1010, I have been unable to use Reset this PC on cloud download settings with an error message "There was a problem downloading" and error details reading "Unable to connect to the server. Check your connection and try...
  3. Reset this PC on Windows 11 Home Insider Preview build 25931.1010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset this PC on Windows 11 Home Insider Preview build 25931.1010: While on Windows 11 Home Insider Preview build 25931.1010, I have been unable to use Reset this PC on cloud download settings with an error message "There was a problem downloading" and error details reading "Unable to connect to the server. Check your connection and try...
  4. PC not getting Insider builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not getting Insider builds: Hello,I think my computer is not receiving, or at least not installing the insider updates.When I go to the Windows Update section of the Settings, and then to the Windows Insider Program, I see that there is a new build available : However, when I check for updates in...
  5. PC not getting Insider builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not getting Insider builds: Hello,I think my computer is not receiving, or at least not installing the insider updates.When I go to the Windows Update section of the Settings, and then to the Windows Insider Program, I see that there is a new build available : However, when I check for updates in...
  6. PC Working on Insider Build but not Regular Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Working on Insider Build but not Regular Build: Hello Everyone, I am working on troubleshooting a PC. The computer is getting stuck on the boot screen loading circle where it freezes and doe not do anything. After lots of troubleshooting swapping every component in the computer and getting nowhere I figured I would try...
  7. Unable to install Windows insider Dev Build

Unable to install Windows insider Dev Build: Hi, I've asked for help about this problem a few months ago. Nothing really helped. I have this problem since about 3-4 Months now. When I try to install The Dev Channel since version 195 restarts and then just errors out, restarts into the old OS and shows an error...
  8. outdated insider build and unable to update

outdated insider build and unable to update: Hi, I'm getting a popup on the screen saying the insider build will expire on 31/07 and that I should update windows. However, no updates are available in windows updates. Also, the windows insider programme page in settings is showing a blank screen Please advise. Kind...
  9. Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install

Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install: Hello, I was able to download and start the installation for the new 2004 build for Windows 10, but the installation has been failing several times, even after checking with DISM and SFC. I will post my rollback logs soon once this latest attempt is finished. I was getting...
  10. Unable to opt out of Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to opt out of Insider Builds: I have tried over the last month or two to stop receiving Insider Builds and have been unsuccessful. I keep getting referred to this How-To article. I wish to follow their advice: Keep an eye out for the next production, or publicly released, build to hit my PC. When it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. required files are not trusted. the files certificate may have expired or the files might b e modified by others