Windows 10: Unable to reset pc

Discus and support Unable to reset pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To start off, I was trying to update my gpu drivers and needed to reboot to finish the installation. Once I did I got stuck with the status:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JadeCas, Oct 19, 2018.

1. JadeCas Win User

Unable to reset pc

To start off, I was trying to update my gpu drivers and needed to reboot to finish the installation. Once I did I got stuck with the status: 0xc000007b. I’ve tried booting in every single startup setting but just get back to the screen with the error. I’ve also tried to reset but don’t have enough space. Please help!!

:)

JadeCas, Oct 19, 2018

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 19, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Unable to reset PC

Hello,

If you are unable to reset your PC through Windows 10, you may use an installation media to restore your system or reset your PC. You may download an installation media and use it by following the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
    • Connect the installation media you created to your PC, then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next.
      • Note: If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you may:
      • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced options
        > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems. Restoring from a restore point won't affect your personal files.
      • Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.
    If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Oct 19, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

Unable to reset pc

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Unable to reset pc

1. Unable to reset pc - Similar Threads - Unable reset

2. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  3. password and pin unable to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password and pin unable to reset: Whenever I try to login sometimes it makes me try to do the PIN, and I cannot for the life of me remember what the pin was when I first got the laptop, so I normally just reset and it'll take face or fingerprint login as usual. If I try to use my password it says my password...
  4. Unable to reset PC

Unable to reset PC: Slowly but surely my laptop has been slowing down and doing unexpected things and in some cases not carrying out an action for no reason I'm aware of, so I finally bit the bullet and decided to reset the PC using the option to retain my files.After nearly 5 hours of preparing...
  5. Unable to reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PC: Slowly but surely my laptop has been slowing down and doing unexpected things and in some cases not carrying out an action for no reason I'm aware of, so I finally bit the bullet and decided to reset the PC using the option to retain my files.After nearly 5 hours of preparing...
  6. Unable to reset the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset the PC: Hello. I'm trying to reset my PC as it's been working slowly for a while, but I'm unable to do it.When I go to settings and then try to reset the PC, it returns an error “Could not find the recovery environment.”Then I go to cmd and run “reagentc /info”, which says that the...
  7. Unable to reset the PC

Unable to reset the PC: Hello. I'm trying to reset my PC as it's been working slowly for a while, but I'm unable to do it.When I go to settings and then try to reset the PC, it returns an error “Could not find the recovery environment.”Then I go to cmd and run “reagentc /info”, which says that the...
  8. Unable to reset the PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Cursor disappeared, unable to reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor disappeared, unable to reset PC: My cursor disappeared and I am unable to select anything except with the keyboard. Neither my bluetooth or wired usb mouse work. The touchpad and touchscreen do not work either.Cursor only works in recovery mode.When I tried to factory reset my PC, I get the message "There...
  10. Cursor disappeared, unable to reset PC

Cursor disappeared, unable to reset PC: My cursor disappeared and I am unable to select anything except with the keyboard. Neither my bluetooth or wired usb mouse work. The touchpad and touchscreen do not work either.Cursor only works in recovery mode.When I tried to factory reset my PC, I get the message "There...