Windows 10: Unable to reset security questions

Discus and support Unable to reset security questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have tried for several days no weeks to reset the security questions to be able to open and change the password or pin to my administrator account. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by keith_11925, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Unable to reset security questions

Have tried for several days no weeks to reset the security questions to be able to open and change the password or pin to my administrator account. I have reviewed and attempted all of the information that I have attempted all of the solutions that were presented in numerous areas of the Microsoft solutions. My computer system only revolves with usernames and passwords security questions that are not accepted and so on. This has caused me enormous problems with my work and correspondence. I cannot update my computer settings nor retrieve and eliminate too many sign in places on my computer but mainly I cannot access the correct information to reset my Administrator password Please help me thank you;

:)

keith_11925, Dec 12, 2019

2. I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Dec 12, 2019
  3. There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

Hello,

I understand that you are unable to open some websites in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you to try to load the same in other browsers excluding Edge and internet Explorer?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Have you installed any third party security application?
    Lets try with the below steps and check if he issue resolves.

Step 1: I suggest you reset the Internet explorer
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Step 2: I suggest you to try deleting the browsing history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps as it stores the forms, passwords, and sites you've visited.

Refer: View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Unable to reset security questions

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reset security questions

1. Unable to reset security questions - Similar Threads - Unable reset security

2. Security question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security question: Hello, would Windows defender work together with Malwarebytes free, or would Malwarebytes stop windows defender from operating as in the message: you are using other antivirus providers? I cannot turn real time protection on. I uninstalled Malwarebytes free, but the same...
  3. Security question

Security question: Hello, I am running windows 10 and I noticed that in Virus and threat protection setting - real time protection is in off position and i cannot put it back into on position. Above it, it tells me that I am using other antivirus providers. When I click on Who is protecting me...
  4. How to reset forgotten account security questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset forgotten account security questions: How to reset forgotten account security questions * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-forgotten-account-security-questions/8da14bdc-0f6a-4958-932c-0e15bc577f8e
  5. How to reset forgotten account security questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset forgotten account security questions: How to reset forgotten account security questions * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-forgotten-account-security-questions/8da14bdc-0f6a-4958-932c-0e15bc577f8e
  6. Unable to configure security questions in french version of Windows

Unable to configure security questions in french version of Windows: Hi, there is no way in my windows 10 to configure security questions, the option is just not there. Is that normal?I have another Windows 10 install and it's all fine there also in french....
  7. Unable to configure security questions in french version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to configure security questions in french version of Windows: Hi, there is no way in my windows 10 to configure security questions, the option is just not there. Is that normal?I have another Windows 10 install and it's all fine there also in french....
  8. Unable to configure security questions in french version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security questions: I want to change the security questions for windows and I cannot. I signed in with a local account, I followed the steps but... still no results. Can you help me, please?...
  10. security question

security question: I recently had a message pop up on my computer from a company called Econosoft support. was told I needed a firewall installed. I installed it for big $$$. My question is ; did I really need this and maybe I should cancel. I already have security through my Frontier phone...