Windows 10: Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings

Discus and support Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have changed default TCP port from 15100 to 15300 using regedit function. However now I want to revert back to default port settings. I deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivekLengade, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings

Hi,

I have changed default TCP port from 15100 to 15300 using regedit function. However now I want to revert back to default port settings. I deleted the registry entry however still it is using 15300 port. How to solve this.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

***Modified title from: Mouse without Border Reg edit TCP port delete not working***

:)

VivekLengade, Sep 13, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to reset dynamic port for TCP/IP to default

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • Is the computer connected to a domain network?

I would suggest you to refer the article on
    The default dynamic port range for TCP/IP
    to know more about default dynamic range.

However, if you have further queries related to this issue, you can post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on dynamic ports.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 13, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Thagstrom Win User

Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings

Unable to use TCP ports above 49728

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

The port range you are mentioning seems to correspond to the defaults for dynamic port range for windows 10. Which is probably why the issue just started and you can't bond to it. Windows probably dynamically changed the port range it was using at some point,
    and it happened to overlap the ports you are trying to use.

You can view more about this here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client...

you can also check which ports are in you on your computer by opening a command prompt and running the following command:

netsh int ipv4 show dynamicport tcp

There is also a command listed in that article to change the defaults if needed.

Hope this helps!

Thagstrom, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings

1. Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings - Similar Threads - Unable reset TCP

2. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tcp connect to port 443 failed: I have checked the port 443 by powershell in win 10 by the following command:"tnc hostname –port 443" mention hostname of the computerbut I got the “Fail” result how can I solve the problem that get the “True” result?I was created Inbound rule for tcp&udp 443 and also...
  3. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tcp connect to port 443 failed: I have checked the port 443 by powershell in win 10 by the following command:"tnc hostname –port 443" mention hostname of the computerbut I got the “Fail” result how can I solve the problem that get the “True” result?I was created Inbound rule for tcp&udp 443 and also...
  4. tcp connect to port 443 failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  6. Block TCP Port 3389

Block TCP Port 3389: How Block Port 3389 ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-tcp-port-3389/de6fb848-5a1b-4c07-bc59-28f1ddb2341b
  7. Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?

Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?: I wrote program for Socket Sever & Client . It was two IP communicate problem. But I can use command "ping 172.18.78.54" & "ping 172.18.78.60" Both was fine in ping through. But the port for each other was not communicate? I use "netstat -a" and found that no port can...
  8. Unable to use TCP ports above 49728

Unable to use TCP ports above 49728: Hi guys, I originally saw this issue within a Node.js app, but I've replicated it in a basic winsock TCP server example as well. Ever since the latest Windows Update, I'm unable to use ports above 49728 in my applications. I get access denied errors when I try to bond....
  9. Changing Microsoft Remote Desktop Port from Default TCP 3389 to TCP 110.

Changing Microsoft Remote Desktop Port from Default TCP 3389 to TCP 110.: Hello, I have a Windows 10 PC I am connecting to on my Macbook using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. It works fine on port 3389 with the port open on my PC and Router and my Mac configured to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3389. But the second I open the port 110 on my PC and...
  10. TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?: Under resource monitor > TCP connections, I've noticed quite a bit of activity on remote ports 80 and 443. I decided to track several of these IP addresses and whilst some are expected (Microsoft, Amazon (Firefox)), there were a few which went to other mainly web hosting...