Windows 10: unable to reset, unable to boot from USB despite having change the boot priority,...

Discus and support unable to reset, unable to boot from USB despite having change the boot priority,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a virus attack that install uncontrollably new programs without having been prevented by , I did a hard reboot to my Acer Aspire Switch 10e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ObedPaundralingga, Oct 12, 2018.

1. unable to reset, unable to boot from USB despite having change the boot priority,...

After a virus attack that install uncontrollably new programs without having been prevented by , I did a hard reboot to my Acer Aspire Switch 10e. Right after that, the machine went to an endless loop of automatic repair but it couldn't repair the PC. I've tried to use a WIndows 10 USB installer to reinstall the PC, but it said "system doesn't have any USB boot option". There was only WIndows Boot Manager in the boot option menu. USB option was available in the BIOS, and I have change the booting priority to USB first in the BIOS, but the same thing happened again. I've tried to reset the PC to no avail, the same with 'system restore', 'go back to the previous version', 'system image recovery', and 'startup repair'. The only option available is now through the command prompt.

Any idea on how to reinstall Windows 10 in this case?
    Thank you!!

:)

ObedPaundralingga, Oct 12, 2018

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

Typically the USB should be listed under the hard drive boot order. Set your "Boot Device Priority" to HDD first, then set the hard drive boot order to the USB stick first.

unable to reset, unable to boot from USB despite having change the boot priority,... bios_asus-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Oct 12, 2018
  4. unable to reset, unable to boot from USB despite having change the boot priority,...

Unable to Boot Windows Install

go in bios and set your boot device priority to dvd drive then hard drive so it will boot the windows disk first

Athlon2K15, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

unable to reset, unable to boot from USB despite having change the boot priority,...

1. unable to reset, unable to boot from USB despite having change the boot priority,... - Similar Threads - unable reset unable

2. Unable to boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot.: [ATTACH]I have try everything i can to fix this problems. But is there a way that can fix this problems without formating my computer?? And why this happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-boot/97ff6b67-aa9b-4d45-a0cc-1a4f1160387b
  3. Unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot.: Hey guys, so I've been having this problem for awhile now, I have an acer computer with Windows 10 installed on it, I have used it for about 0.8 years without problem already. So a month ago I had problems with my hard drive and I left the repairing overnight to leave it to...
  4. Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB: I have 2 Toshiba laptops and I create back up images for them. I have created a Bootable Norton Ghost USB and on 1 of the laptops this works fine. However on my 2nd laptop - newer model - I cannot boot from the same USB stick so that I can either restore an image that I...
  5. Boot - change priority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot - change priority: Hi, I have a Lenovo computer. The default system in Windows 10. I want to run Linux Mint from USB. How can I change the settings so that the computer recognize Linux and run it from stick? Thank you, Adriana...
  6. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...
  7. Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive: Hi, the other day I was greeted with blue screen that "a required device is not connected" and the PC wont boot. I tried EasyBCD but it did not work and stuck on some ATA error loop. But after that I got a new blue screen and this time "The Boot Configuration Data file...
  8. Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?

Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?: Hi all, first post, so hoping I'm in the right place :/ ... I'm literally pulling what hair I have left out with this, normally this is a routine task for me, but I'm well and truly stumped, so thought I'd ask a Windows 10 community ... I have Windows 10 Education x64,...
  9. Unable to boot from ISO image

Unable to boot from ISO image: I attempted to re install Windows 10 because it was running slow, the reset failed and when I went to boot the system up it kept restarting at the first ASUS screen. I have created a ISO by Downloading the Windows 10 off the Microsoft website. I mounted the ISO using...
  10. Unable to boot: No boot options

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot: No boot options: I have dual booted Windows10 and Ubuntu 14.04, which has been working properly for about two weeks. I then had issues with grub (it would boot straight into Windows), which I fixed using boot-repair on my Ubuntu installation usb. After fixing that and checking to make sure...