Windows 10: Unable to reset windows login password for User account

Discus and support Unable to reset windows login password for User account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, * This is a windows 10 PC * worked perfectly & installed the latest updates * after installed & restart the PC, that asking user Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lokubalasuriya, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Unable to reset windows login password for User account

Hi,

* This is a windows 10 PC

* worked perfectly & installed the latest updates

* after installed & restart the PC, that asking user Microsoft account authentication. Sign-in option > password = that method user used normal password

* User created Microsoft account long back & totally forget account password..tried a different way to reset Microsoft account but that not succeed

* I'm the administrator & I tried reset password by going through Computer management > Users & computers > Users > password reset but that gives the following error..

" The system is not authoritative for the specified account and therefore cannot complete the operation. Please retry the operation using the provider associated with this account. If this is an online provider please use the provider's online site."

* i need to reset user password & let the user to login his account .. why even administrator unable to rest user passowrd.?

:)

lokubalasuriya, Mar 25, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Tomlaw Win User
    Unable to reset windows 10 user password

Thank you to MeAndMyComputer.

Ok so a few details:

So, if the windows user account is not local and is instead linked to your microsoft account. Your microsoft login password is your windows10 user login password.

Where that did not work for me is that I basically had two microsoft accounts: 2 email addresses with login passwords. I could login to the one but not into the one I needed in order to solve the issue. I managed to reset my password, which also works to login to the window user account.

Never did find "Change Account Password in Windows 10" however the link to the tutorial helped.

Tomlaw, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Unable to reset windows login password for User account

Unable to login into adminstrator account on Windows 10.

Hi Mel,

From the above description, I understand you are unable to login into the administrator account on the computer.
    Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• Is the administrator account you are unable to login into a Microsoft account?
    • What is the error code you get on trying to login into the administrator account?

If the user account is a Microsoft account, Reset Microsoft account password and
    check if you are able to login into the administrator account using the reset password on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to login into the administrator user account on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Unable to reset windows login password for User account

1. Unable to reset windows login password for User account - Similar Threads - Unable reset login

2. Unable to login to account even when resetting password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to account even when resetting password: My parents are unable to login to their microsoft account and therefore locked out of using the laptop. We've tried resetting password multiple times my email is the recovery one and it seems to be able to sign in on the phone, but when trying to use that new password to...
  3. Unable to login to account even when resetting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to account even when resetting password: My parents are unable to login to their microsoft account and therefore locked out of using the laptop. We've tried resetting password multiple times my email is the recovery one and it seems to be able to sign in on the phone, but when trying to use that new password to...
  4. Unable to login to account even when resetting password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to login a gmail account and change password of my user on windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login a gmail account and change password of my user on windows.: I can't change my user account password or anything related to my account , like adding a new email or anything it always shows error if i try to do so. Pplease help.[ATTACH]...
  6. Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password: Have a MS account which email was no longer correct. But was able to login to PC using a PIN. I may have created another MS Account with the correct email but PC will not let me log into the new account. The login screen keeps prompting old MS account. Tried to reset...
  7. Unable to reset windows 10 user password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to reset windows 10 user password: I am not locked out of windows. I log in using the PIN number but have no idea what the password is for the username. Windows 10 version 1909 The windows 10 reset password option provided on screen requires a usb recovery, I don't have that. Maybe I did years ago but only...
  8. Unable to reset account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reset account password: My PC did an update and now when I am trying to login it says my password is incorrect. I restarted couple of times but it's not logging me in. I have tried resetting the the password that did not worked as well....
  9. User Account Password Reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password Reset: I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows....
  10. Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10: How to: Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 How to Reset Password of Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. If...