Windows 10: Unable to restart dhcp client

Discus and support Unable to restart dhcp client in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I know there are some post about the same subject but any of the solutions provided have work for me so I'm looking for help for this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nacho Nadal Sanchez, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Unable to restart dhcp client

Hi,

I know there are some post about the same subject but any of the solutions provided have work for me so I'm looking for help for this problem that has taken all the day.

Originally the problem started with a light cut I think at the office and all the laptops have internet except for me I'm the only one with a desktop and not wireless. Windows Network Diagnostics shows "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

I have tried to renew my IP using the release and renew commands but the an error emails shows up "Ethernet : unable to contact your DHCP server".

After this I've tried to restart the DHCP server but another error appear "Error 5: Access is Denied". To go through this I've modify the permissions on the DHCP and TCPIP folders but it hasn't worked.

I don't know what more to try and I've lost all the day at the office trying to fix it.

Thanks for the help.

:)

Nacho Nadal Sanchez, Feb 10, 2020

2. DHCP client not working properly

Update: I have managed to restart DHCP client but still no internet. The options are no longer greyed out.

Majikthyse, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Communicating with the DNS server

Since you got the error "unable to contact your DHCP server", this could be due to a disabled DHCP client. We suggest following these steps to enable it:

• Click Start.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Find DHCP Client from the list of services and check the status.
    • If DHCP Client isn't running, right-click it and choose
      Start.
    • The DHCP Client Startup type should be
      Automatic. If it's not, double-click it, choose Automatic.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Check if you can use the ipconfig /renew command after enabling the DHCP Client. If you're still unable to connect to the Internet after this, we recommend uninstalling your network
    adapter driver by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Device manager.
    • Click the arrow beside Network adapters and double-click your network adapter.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall device.
    • Restart your computer. This will prompt Windows to automatically reinstall the correct driver.

Let us know what happens after enabling the DHCP Client and reinstalling the network adapter driver.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

Unable to restart dhcp client

DHCP-Client IP lease denied event ID 1002

Hi farafalil,

While you wait for the suggestion of the Community members for this thread, I suggest that you post this issue on theTechNet
    Forums
    . The members there include IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to restart dhcp client

1. Unable to restart dhcp client - Similar Threads - Unable restart dhcp

2. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  3. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  4. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  6. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  7. DHCP client error 5

8. Unable to restart DHCP error 5

Unable to restart DHCP error 5: The ethernet I am connected o in my institution has stopped working. When diagnosed, it just says the IP configuration is invalid. I have gotten in touch with the IT department and they said everything is good on their end and the only thing they can suggest is if I restarted...
  9. Problem with DHCP Client

Problem with DHCP Client: Hello,recently I startet my computer with Windows 10 Enterprise and encountered a huge problem. Everything was super slowly, especially everything inside the taskbar was not clickable. A lot of application could not be startet and also the internet was so slow, I could not...
  10. Dhcp Client Errors

Dhcp Client Errors: I am getting a lot of Dhcp client Errors.My internet drops out and wont connect.Here is the error I get from event viewer,like 10 or more per day..Event 1002 Dhcp client...The IP address lease 192.168.0.12 for the Network Card with network address 0x704D7B343FCB has been...