Windows 10: Unable to restart DHCP error 5

Discus and support Unable to restart DHCP error 5 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The ethernet I am connected o in my institution has stopped working. When diagnosed, it just says the IP configuration is invalid. I have gotten in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeGoo, Nov 3, 2021.

1. LeGoo Win User

Unable to restart DHCP error 5

The ethernet I am connected o in my institution has stopped working. When diagnosed, it just says the IP configuration is invalid. I have gotten in touch with the IT department and they said everything is good on their end and the only thing they can suggest is if I restarted DHCP service. This is a problem as "net stop dhcp" returns with the following:The following services are dependent on the DHCP Client service. Stopping the DHCP Client service will also stop these services. IP Helper WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service Network List Service Network Location Awarenes

:)

LeGoo, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

Unable to restart DHCP error 5

1. Unable to restart DHCP error 5 - Similar Threads - Unable restart DHCP

2. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  3. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  4. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DNS or DHCP error

DNS or DHCP error: Dear Good Samaritans My ACER laptop network suddenly stops working. The symptoms are: Only Google sites and some other sites are accessible. All others will return the error: DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN. All other mobile devices and the other Thinkpad work fine in the same...
  6. ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...

ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors...: Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig...
  7. DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...

DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...: I am unable to access my internet. I know the modem and cable are good because i have tested it on multiple devices. I am trying to restart my DHCP but it just keeps telling me access denied. I have messed with the permissions, all the command prompt while run as administator...
  8. Unable to restart dhcp client

Unable to restart dhcp client: Hi, I know there are some post about the same subject but any of the solutions provided have work for me so I'm looking for help for this problem that has taken all the day. Originally the problem started with a light cut I think at the office and all the laptops have...
  9. Dhcp Client Errors

Dhcp Client Errors: I am getting a lot of Dhcp client Errors.My internet drops out and wont connect.Here is the error I get from event viewer,like 10 or more per day..Event 1002 Dhcp client...The IP address lease 192.168.0.12 for the Network Card with network address 0x704D7B343FCB has been...
  10. DHCP will not start . Error 5.

DHCP will not start . Error 5.: Have not been able to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't start . The error message when trying to restart DHCP is : "Windows was unable to restart DHCP Client service . Error 5 : Access Denied." I am able to connect to the internet with a static IP . I have no...