Windows 10: Unable to restart laptop

Discus and support Unable to restart laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Norton Utilities installed for several months. Runs daily. Suggested repair disk. Ran disk repair. States unable to complete automatic repair.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rhinorock07, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Unable to restart laptop

Norton Utilities installed for several months.

Runs daily.

Suggested repair disk.

Ran disk repair.

States unable to complete automatic repair.

Suggested restart computer.

Ran reboot but laptop will not restart. States "stop code" error. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Does anyone know how to restart my laptop?

:)

rhinorock07, Oct 30, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 31, 2018
  3. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Unable to restart laptop

little cat, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Unable to restart laptop

1. Unable to restart laptop - Similar Threads - Unable restart laptop

2. Restart and update loop on HP PAVILION LAPTOP. UNABLE TO SWITCH ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart and update loop on HP PAVILION LAPTOP. UNABLE TO SWITCH ON: My HP Pavilion laptop 11th Gen Intel R Core i3 is going into endless updates and restart loops. I'm unable to switch it on. When I move to repair or troubleshoot options after pressing the Esc keys continuously, they ask for Bitlocker recovery keys which I don't have. I also...
  3. Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart: Since I got this laptop ASUS Zephyrus G14 2021, I have been unable to log in without restarting the computer every time it falls asleep. When I try using the fingerprint sensor, it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." When I try to enter my PIN, it says "PIN isn't...
  4. Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart

Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart: Since I got this laptop ASUS Zephyrus G14 2021, I have been unable to log in without restarting the computer every time it falls asleep. When I try using the fingerprint sensor, it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." When I try to enter my PIN, it says "PIN isn't...
  5. Pc unable to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc unable to restart: Pc unable to restartAnd it's try to restart again and again. please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-unable-to-restart/e733e7c6-0ed1-43a3-9c0a-86cfbe4a55b6
  6. Pc unable to restart

Pc unable to restart: Pc unable to restartAnd it's try to restart again and again. please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-unable-to-restart/e733e7c6-0ed1-43a3-9c0a-86cfbe4a55b6
  7. Computer unable to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer unable to restart.: Hi! Recently my computer has been acting up and I can't quite find the issue of why. Every time I restart the PC or update the PC the PC won't boot I am stuck on the company logo and I have to turn off the power and hold the power button for 10 seconds to get the computer...
  8. Computer unable to restart.

Computer unable to restart.: Hi! Recently my computer has been acting up and I can't quite find the issue of why. Every time I restart the PC or update the PC the PC won't boot I am stuck on the company logo and I have to turn off the power and hold the power button for 10 seconds to get the computer...
  9. Computer unable to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. unable to restart pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to restart pc: so im trying to restart my pc (acer aspire e5-575g-50gd) I have tried it 5 times always says the windows failed to reset any idea what I can do to fix this...