Windows 10: unable to restart pc

Discus and support unable to restart pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so im trying to restart my pc (acer aspire e5-575g-50gd) I have tried it 5 times always says the windows failed to reset any idea what I can do to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaocb, Oct 2, 2018.

1. jaocb Win User

unable to restart pc

so im trying to restart my pc (acer aspire e5-575g-50gd) I have tried it 5 times always says the windows failed to reset

any idea what I can do to fix this

:)

jaocb, Oct 2, 2018

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

unable to restart pc [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

unable to restart pc [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 2, 2018
  4. unable to restart pc

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

unable to restart pc

1. unable to restart pc - Similar Threads - unable restart

2. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  3. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  4. computer unable to restart after asking for recovery key, and keeps going back to recovery...

computer unable to restart after asking for recovery key, and keeps going back to recovery...: My computer asked for recovery key, I provided it, then a startup settings screen appeared with many options, nothing happens whenever I choose an option, it always gets back to the recovery screen...
  5. computer unable to restart after asking for recovery key, and keeps going back to recovery...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer unable to restart after asking for recovery key, and keeps going back to recovery...: My computer asked for recovery key, I provided it, then a startup settings screen appeared with many options, nothing happens whenever I choose an option, it always gets back to the recovery screen...
  6. computer unable to restart after asking for recovery key, and keeps going back to recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I mistakenly clean TPM of my laptop now after restart I am unable to login in my user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I mistakenly clean TPM of my laptop now after restart I am unable to login in my user...: I mistakenly clean TPM of my laptop now after restart I am unable to login in my user account please give me a solution what I have to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-mistakenly-clean-tpm-of-my-laptop-now-after/a4427fcd-350a-4e8c-89bc-1dd83f4e4982
  8. I mistakenly clean TPM of my laptop now after restart I am unable to login in my user...

I mistakenly clean TPM of my laptop now after restart I am unable to login in my user...: I mistakenly clean TPM of my laptop now after restart I am unable to login in my user account please give me a solution what I have to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-mistakenly-clean-tpm-of-my-laptop-now-after/a4427fcd-350a-4e8c-89bc-1dd83f4e4982
  9. Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.: Bsod stuck at 0%. The blue screen was probably because of I was undervolting to much on my laptop, but now the force reboot button doesn't work anymore and this has stuck me for 20 minutes. The error code is: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...
  10. Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.

Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.: Bsod stuck at 0%. The blue screen was probably because of I was undervolting to much on my laptop, but now the force reboot button doesn't work anymore and this has stuck me for 20 minutes. The error code is: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...