Windows 10: Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

Discus and support Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I used the "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool to create a system back-up of my Windows 10 on an external hard drive:After I had to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KirkStiffler, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

Hello. I used the "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool to create a system back-up of my Windows 10 on an external hard drive:After I had to reinstall Windows, I attempted to restore these files; however, I see the message, "Windows could not find a backup for this computer." If I click "browse network location," the hard drive does not appear here. Only the "Network" appears here, with nothing underneath it.I know that there are files on the hard drive because of the size of the files see the ~300GB file highlighted in blue below.Also in the "DESKTOP-POJTD96" folder is a "Logs" folder whic

:)

KirkStiffler, Jun 10, 2021
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Jun 10, 2021
  4. suraswami Win User

Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

1. Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool - Similar Threads - Unable restore files

2. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7: Hello Guys,I am trying to backup Windows 10 files using backup and restore windows 7 below: So I am not sure if this will backup windows 10 files correctly or not in case my machine is down and I lost all files please? Also, can I restore this backup on Windows 11 in the...
  3. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7: Hello Guys,I am trying to backup Windows 10 files using backup and restore windows 7 below: So I am not sure if this will backup windows 10 files correctly or not in case my machine is down and I lost all files please? Also, can I restore this backup on Windows 11 in the...
  4. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to delete a backup file that is not displayed in "Back up and Restore Windows 7"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a backup file that is not displayed in "Back up and Restore Windows 7"?: Hello!Ages ago, I've created a backup and let it to die in one of my computer's drive. It is taking a lot of space and I really want to delete it.There's absolutely nothing in "Backup settings" and when I go there, Control Panel\System and Security\Back up and Restore Windows...
  6. Unable to use back up/restore ?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use back up/restore ?!: I want to back up the C drive which has the OS on, just in case the hard disc crashes, I have done this in the past without a problem but in windows 10 I get a message that it cannot be done because the target drive has insufficient capacity, however the back up file is...
  7. Unable to use back up/restore ?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use back up/restore ?!: I want to back up the C drive which has the OS on, just in case the hard disc crashes, I have done this in the past without a problem but in windows 10 I get a message that it cannot be done because the target drive has insufficient capacity, however the back up file is...
  8. Unable to use back up/restore ?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore

Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore: I have an intermittent failure using W7 Backup & Restore that happened last month. BU&R runs using either the weekly schedule I use or manually. The programme runs, but near the end it stops with an error number 0x8007045D along with a message 1/O device error. and that the...
  10. Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore: How do i restore from a single drive computer to my new machine with a SSD and a large seperate data drive? The backup was made with Windows 7 backup and restore option....