Windows 10: Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Discus and support Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good God Microsoft?! OneDrive is deleting most of my files and gives me no warning or indication. I have to discover they have been deleted. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MSJaded, Dec 5, 2018.

1. MSJaded Win User

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Good God Microsoft?!

OneDrive is deleting most of my files and gives me no warning or indication. I have to discover they have been deleted. Then I go to the recycle bin, find them, select them and click "restore" and it tells me it is restoring, but progress is null. Forever.

You have written a virus that deletes files costing companies a ton of money. Do you think that is OK? Well it is not!! I suggest everyone move to the MAC immediately if you value your files. <Removed Insulting/Bigoted Remark> deleting files from companies across the country. This is unacceptable and should be addressed and fixed before one more emoji is developed for their stupid system.

There are things you MUST get right. File storage and security is one of them. I don't care about your bells and whistles if your primary storage and file recovery is broken. This is not only unacceptable, it is criminal. If you wrote a program that deletes files, you should be put out of business by the Feds as a terrorist organization. You can't possibly be this stupid. It has to be intentional.

Anyone else losing files from OneDrive?

***Modified title from: One Drive Deleting Files Not RestoringHo***

:)

MSJaded, Dec 5, 2018
  2. suraswami Win User

Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Pinchy Win User

Oh.

So your running the backup software from the server and not the computer.

Yep I see whats happened. Just for the future (althought I am sure you wont make the same mistake again) make sure you select and option that says "if it cant find the file, DONT delete". If it doesnt have that option...switch to SynbackSE.

An FYI: difference between incremental and differential is that differential copies all new / changed files since the last full backup......incremental copies all new / changed files since the last backup no matter what it was (incremental/full/differential).

Now to get your files back:

Tried a system restore on the server?

Pinchy, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Pinchy Win User

I cant remember if it recovers old files OR leaves new files on the computer even after you do the restore. I havent used it in a while.

Pinchy, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Unable restore files

2. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  3. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  4. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer: Hello,I'm trying to delete my OneDrive files that are showing up on another computer that I was previously using. Every time that I click Delete, it gives me "Error 0x8007016A The cloud file provider is not running". How can I stop getting this error so that I can delete...
  6. Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer: Hello,I'm trying to delete my OneDrive files that are showing up on another computer that I was previously using. Every time that I click Delete, it gives me "Error 0x8007016A The cloud file provider is not running". How can I stop getting this error so that I can delete...
  7. Unable to delete my OneDrive files from another computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. restore deleted things from onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore deleted things from onedrive: is it possible to restore my documents folder on onedrive? I thought I was just deleting it on OneDrive and I even deleted the stuff in the deleted folder but I ended up deleting things on my physical drive. Is it possible to restore this somehow or should I reinstall my OS?...
  9. Files not deleting from OneDrive

Files not deleting from OneDrive: Files are not deleted from my OneDrive folder on my PC. Tried deleting them online & it did. While trying to open an image I was also getting an "Invalid value for registry" error. Vijay...
  10. Unable to delete OneDrive files from device after disabling Files on Demand

Unable to delete OneDrive files from device after disabling Files on Demand: There appears to be a bug with the Windows 10 OneDrive sync client app 18.222.1104.0007 I previously enabled Files on Demand and selected Always keep on this device (for everything, to facilitate backup). I then realised I should just disable Files on Demand, so that all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive unable to find deleted files

2. cant recover onedrive

3. cannot recover files from onedrive memory full

4. system restore cant restore onedrive