Windows 10: Unable to restore PC

Discus and support Unable to restore PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm unable to log into my computer at all. My OS is Windows 10 and I'm stuck in safe mode after trying to install a driver for my printer. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MireSara, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MireSara Win User

Unable to restore PC

I'm unable to log into my computer at all. My OS is Windows 10 and I'm stuck in safe mode after trying to install a driver for my printer.

My computer reset after I was following HP troubleshooting instructions for the printer driver install, and Automatic repair started up. It says: "automatic repair couldn't repair your PC". Now I'm unable to get in using "Continue, exit and continue to Windows 10" because it brings me back to safe mode.

This is everything I tried:

- I skipped "use a device" because I don't have any external backups created and don't know how to use those options really.

- Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files. Error: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

- Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove Everything. Error: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore > I chose a restore point. Error: An unspecified error occurred. (0x800705aa)

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Go back to the previous version. Error: "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC)."

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Error: "Windows cannot find image on this computer". I never created one. I'm not sure how to use this options so I canceled out of it.

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Error: "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC. Log file: C:\\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options >See more recovery options > Startup Settings > Restart > Chose options 7 and 8. Error: "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

Any help would be appreciated, I've ran out of ideas!

:)

MireSara, Jan 1, 2019

2. Unable to restore or resize windows now

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to restore or resize windows. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Does this issue occur on a different user account?

Suggest you to boot the PC in a clean boot state to check if that helps. A clean boot step will help us determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 1, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Unable to restore PC [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Unable to restore PC

pc restore to factory settings

You made two statements:

• pc restore to factory settings
    • I am unable use pc as I have no user password
    What actually is your question?

Frederik Long, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to restore PC

1. Unable to restore PC - Similar Threads - Unable restore

2. 3rd time doing restore and lost files, Didn't before....flash drive with backup 8.1 unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd time doing restore and lost files, Didn't before....flash drive with backup 8.1 unable...: all files are supposed to be copied on ext hard drive, nothing......back-up location C:\backup.wsi -nothing there......teckie daughter did a backup 8.1 flash drive, unable to extract......Crashmaster said all gone except 'original 8. from disc but no files...... just trying...
  3. 3rd time doing restore and lost files, Didn't before....flash drive with backup 8.1 unable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd time doing restore and lost files, Didn't before....flash drive with backup 8.1 unable...: all files are supposed to be copied on ext hard drive, nothing......back-up location C:\backup.wsi -nothing there......teckie daughter did a backup 8.1 flash drive, unable to extract......Crashmaster said all gone except 'original 8. from disc but no files...... just trying...
  4. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.: Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So...
  5. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.: Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So...
  6. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unable to restore Microsoft Authenticator backup due to old phone breaking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restore Microsoft Authenticator backup due to old phone breaking: HelloI use Microsoft Authenticator for personal and business use. A water bottle leaked on the phone associated with this account, the damage caused the phone to break - it switched itself off, and will not turn on again. When trying to reinstall Authenticator on my new phone...
  8. Unable to restore Microsoft Authenticator backup due to old phone breaking

Unable to restore Microsoft Authenticator backup due to old phone breaking: HelloI use Microsoft Authenticator for personal and business use. A water bottle leaked on the phone associated with this account, the damage caused the phone to break - it switched itself off, and will not turn on again. When trying to reinstall Authenticator on my new phone...
  9. unable to restore main original administrator on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to restore main original administrator on my PC: i was borrowing my friends surface pro 8 and i logged into the computer using my microsoft account. i only borrowed it for one day then returned it to her and now for some reason her computer recognizes me as the administrator and now my onedrive and everything is showing up...
  10. unable to restore main original administrator on my PC

unable to restore main original administrator on my PC: i was borrowing my friends surface pro 8 and i logged into the computer using my microsoft account. i only borrowed it for one day then returned it to her and now for some reason her computer recognizes me as the administrator and now my onedrive and everything is showing up...