Windows 10: Unable to restore PC

Discus and support Unable to restore PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm unable to log into my computer at all. My OS is Windows 10 and I'm stuck in safe mode after trying to install a driver for my printer. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MireSara, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MireSara Win User

Unable to restore PC

I'm unable to log into my computer at all. My OS is Windows 10 and I'm stuck in safe mode after trying to install a driver for my printer.

My computer reset after I was following HP troubleshooting instructions for the printer driver install, and Automatic repair started up. It says: "automatic repair couldn't repair your PC". Now I'm unable to get in using "Continue, exit and continue to Windows 10" because it brings me back to safe mode.

This is everything I tried:

- I skipped "use a device" because I don't have any external backups created and don't know how to use those options really.

- Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files. Error: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

- Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove Everything. Error: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore > I chose a restore point. Error: An unspecified error occurred. (0x800705aa)

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Go back to the previous version. Error: "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC)."

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Error: "Windows cannot find image on this computer". I never created one. I'm not sure how to use this options so I canceled out of it.

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Error: "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC. Log file: C:\\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.

- Troubleshoot > Advanced options >See more recovery options > Startup Settings > Restart > Chose options 7 and 8. Error: "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

Any help would be appreciated, I've ran out of ideas!

:)

MireSara, Jan 1, 2019

2. Unable to restore or resize windows now

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to restore or resize windows. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Does this issue occur on a different user account?

Suggest you to boot the PC in a clean boot state to check if that helps. A clean boot step will help us determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 1, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Unable to restore PC [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Unable to restore PC

pc restore to factory settings

You made two statements:

• pc restore to factory settings
    • I am unable use pc as I have no user password
    What actually is your question?

Frederik Long, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to restore PC

1. Unable to restore PC - Similar Threads - Unable restore

2. Had to factory reset my Windows 10 laptop, unable to restore files from my backup HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Had to factory reset my Windows 10 laptop, unable to restore files from my backup HDD: So I had been having nothing but problems with Windows 10 on my gaming laptop, from blue screening when I plugged something into the headphone jack to suddenly my speakers no longer working I can confidently say Windows 10 is the worst OS on this planet. So I figured a...
  3. Unable to install windows 10 updates after restoring/reloading windows 10 after original...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install windows 10 updates after restoring/reloading windows 10 after original...: RE: The subject. My windows on my 5 year old HP ENVY laptop crashed about a month ago. With the help from a Costco tech guy we managed to go through the process of downloading a copy of windows 10 from the Microsoft website via thumb drive and reinstall it on the Laptop....
  4. Unable to restore the Microsoft account original one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to restore the Microsoft account original one: Hello, While I logged in to Win 10 it is showing logged in with temporary account. To resolve that I changed the registry key setting with an account and after restarting I understand that it was not the account which I had previously. Now how will I get back my original...
  5. PLZ Help! Disabled Services Now Unable To Restore/Login!

in Windows 10 Support
    PLZ Help! Disabled Services Now Unable To Restore/Login!: Hi All- I am desperately trying to recover my personal files and hopefully restore my Win10 PC to the point before I stupidly locked myself out of my system. Basically, in an attempt to speed up my system, I started disabling running "Services". I accessed this from the top...
  6. unable to restore hp 17 laptop

unable to restore hp 17 laptop: after an update, my HP 17 will not let me access c drive it shows nothing used, nothing unused. will not let me download hp cloud recovery media. everytime I try to download the app it says I do not have internet access. so bottom line, I cannot restore my laptop to factory...
  7. Windows 10 screens and desktop and unable to restore down full screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screens and desktop and unable to restore down full screens: All Screens are unable to be restored down. They have 2 squares to restore down which doesn’t do anything. The Minimise function works and all the programs function OK but when you start one it opens up in full screen and then you can’t minimise you can close it. You only see...
  8. Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode: My system is running on win 10 build 1909 with GTX 1050Ti card. From yesterday, the system started crashing often, I thought it will be some graphics driver issue and I reinstalled it. Still it was crashing and after that the BSOD screen with error "Critical process died"...
  9. Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10

Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10: Ugh! Running Win 10 (I think Home edition, but not certain because I had a new hard drive installed a couple of months ago). 64-bit. 3 days ago the computer did an update over night. In the morning, I was unable to see either of my monitors, which were plugged into the...
  10. i am unable to restore windowstore after reseting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am unable to restore windowstore after reseting it: i am unable to restore windowstore after reseting it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-restore-windowstore-after-reseting/1459d25a-c1f0-42ba-b128-ae9d7cc19da8