Windows 10: Unable to restore Win 10 after program delete

Discus and support Unable to restore Win 10 after program delete in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am a senior and a non-techie. As such, I think I've really put my foot in it this time! After reading a LifeHacker article, I wanted to try the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by weybrew, Jan 12, 2021.

1. weybrew Win User

Unable to restore Win 10 after program delete

I am a senior and a non-techie. As such, I think I've really put my foot in it this time! After reading a LifeHacker article, I wanted to try the Everything Toolbar on my PC. It installed without problems. I then decided to delete the program zip file which I did. Then I attempted to delete the unzipped folder and could not as it was flagged as open in another program. I tried to find the conflicting folder in vain, so I did a "force delete" with Unlock It. The folder was deleted and I did a reboot as instructed. Now I cannot create a restore point, not can I restore from an earlier restore point. I get the Windows error msg. referencing error code # 0x81000203. I have no idea how to proceed. Can someone please help.

Windows 10 v 10.0.19041

:)

weybrew, Jan 12, 2021
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CUnable to restore Win 10 after program delete :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CUnable to restore Win 10 after program delete :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 12, 2021
  3. tracerpup Win User
    How can I restore a program in windows 10 that I deleted by mistake

I did do a system restore from before the time I deleted the program.

IT WORKED!!!!! My word starter 2010 is now, again listed in the Programs and Features list.

Thank you all very much for you your suggestions,

tracerpup, Jan 12, 2021
  4. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to restore Win 10 after program delete - Similar Threads - Unable restore program

2. win 11 delete files and program after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 delete files and program after restart: I have Windows 11 Home Single Language, every time I restart or shut down my computer found all the data in documents, downloads, desktop and program settings like edge, chrome has been deleted....
  3. win 11 delete files and program after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 delete files and program after restart: I have Windows 11 Home Single Language, every time I restart or shut down my computer found all the data in documents, downloads, desktop and program settings like edge, chrome has been deleted....
  4. unable to run programs in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to run programs in Win 10: I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00 for 2-3 years, is now $450.00 a MONTH! I want out. However, this is going to take some time. In the meanwhile, I need...
  5. Win 10 deleting my programs ‍♂️

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 deleting my programs ‍♂️: It's been a while that programs like the Adobe and some plugins, have been deleted automatically from my computer, leaving the file and shortcut only. Some people say that it's an upgrde problem, but i cant downgrade to a preview version. Can you help me? That happens when i...
  6. Find a list of deleted programs after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Find a list of deleted programs after system restore: Hello, I recently had to use a system restore to restore to a previous point because I had some problems with my audio drivers. This deleted quite a large number of programs I had installed. I do not necessarily want to restore the programs along with their data, I just...
  7. delete program files frfom uninstalled program Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete program files frfom uninstalled program Win 10: delete program files from uninstalled program Win 10 I want to delete program files from Wondweshare video converter Ultimate. I've un-installed the program. When I install a newer version, the program files keep me from entering a new key code. Thanks...
  8. restore win 10 after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restore win 10 after reset: My Win10 activation keys are not in my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-win-10-after-reset/19a4768d-b3e9-48a6-8cd9-5b1196905789"
  9. restoring deleted apps after reinstalling Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restoring deleted apps after reinstalling Win 10: I reinstalled Win 10 and other apps were removed. How to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restoring-deleted-apps-after-reinstalling-win-10/d598481a-908f-4203-9803-649316438b09
  10. Unable to delete uninstalled program

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete uninstalled program: hi, I've been researching for a day to trying resolve this issue and cant seem to find a fix. I have tried deleting the files through Regedit and still having issues. I uninstalled autocad 360, but for some reason its still showing up under devices and drivers as well...