Windows 10: unable to retrieve icloud mail ?

Discus and support unable to retrieve icloud mail ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am unable to retrieve my Apple icloud mail. from my Win-10 email app I created an account to retrieve mail from icloud. the email app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex_703, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Alex_703 Win User

unable to retrieve icloud mail ?

Hello,

I am unable to retrieve my Apple icloud mail.

from my Win-10 email app I created an account to retrieve mail from icloud.

the email app attempts to login but fails sometimes.

when I initiate to FIX problem. I re-enter my icloud password and it logs in successfully however it

never retrieves the icloud email ?

Any ideas on why this account is not working ?

All my other email account in this app seam to work fine ?

:)

Alex_703, Sep 5, 2018
  2. adambravo Win User

iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Added my iCloud mail account without issues--but it's not visible in the list of accounts. When I try to re-add it, the app says it's already there. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Mail?

adambravo, Sep 5, 2018
  3. icloud Mail Account

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Regarding your issue with your iCloud mail settings, we suggest to check this thread and look for G00dbyeGirl post:

iCloud account settings
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 5, 2018
  4. unable to retrieve icloud mail ?

iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

unable to retrieve icloud mail ?

1. unable to retrieve icloud mail ? - Similar Threads - unable retrieve icloud

2. Retrieving archived mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving archived mail: Important emails accidently archived rather than moved to folder. How do I get them back? Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-archived-mail/76f61b49-74e9-4c4e-a673-a0d4d44cd17b
  3. icloud mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icloud mail: Icloud settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail/e173aa3c-35c1-463b-85f1-98182ab910e3
  4. Yahoo mail password retrieval.

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail password retrieval.: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) I was sure that I had it safely on an external hard disc. Seems I was wrong *Rolleyes I've tried various "solutions" found via a Google search but I end up going in circles. Does anyone know a way to do this ? 152199
  5. iCloud mail on Windows PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud mail on Windows PC: I can't get iCloud mail to open on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail-on-windows-pc/3d8f57b2-289a-42da-8ea1-e6c2c0273e13
  6. Icloud mail disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icloud mail disappearing: I'm using Windows 10, Chrome browser, and icloud mail. When I send mail, it seems they get sent, but are never received by the persons they are addressed to. No error, no bounce.. they just disappear......
  7. Unable to Retrieve Reminder

in Cortana
    Unable to Retrieve Reminder: I use Microsoft ToDo for task management. Recently I have had issues with task reminds popping up earlier than scheduled (00:00 instead of 07:30 and 08:00 instead of 12:00). I deleted those tasks but now I have multiple instances of the task on my calendar. Right clicking to...
  8. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  9. Unable to send or receive mail from my iCloud Mail Account in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to send or receive mail from my iCloud Mail Account in Windows 10 Mail: HI there I have recently bought a new NUC PC and am experiencing Windows 10 for the first time. I am a long term Apple user, and have a current iCloud account which I want to use. I have followed the instructions for setting up the account, but can neither send or receive...
  10. adding icloud mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding icloud mail account: Hi there, I keep getting a message saying my icloud account details are out of date. I click on fix account and enter my current password only to have the message come up again. I went to my apple id page and generated an app specific password for windows 10 mail but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud not retiving email onto windows mail

2. google chrome yahoo mail error retreiving mail language:en

3. windows mail niot retrieving icloud email

4. windows 10 unable to fetch icloud email,
  5. microsoft not retrieving icloud mail,
  6. icloud error message on retreiving emails,
  7. mail not retrieved for icloud on windows mail,
  8. icloud not retrieving emails on windows 10 mail,
  9. windows10 not retieving icloud emails,
  10. I am unable to retrieve my icloud e-mail HE,
  11. icloud share failed to retrieve,