Windows 10: Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key

Discus and support Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a thinkpad x270 installed with Windows 10 Pro. A few days ago when I was trying to log into the system, the system didn't start correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeiLuo, Feb 24, 2019.

1. BeiLuo Win User

Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key

Hi,

I have a thinkpad x270 installed with Windows 10 Pro. A few days ago when I was trying to log into the system, the system didn't start correctly and always stuck at the Boot Menu. I brought it to a repair shop to get my documents on the hard drives out, and the people there asked me for the Bitlocker recovery Key in order to restore everything. However, I checked my Microsoft account and it says "No recovery keys has been uploaded." I don't remember turning the Bitlocker system up when initially installing the system, nor the Bitlocker recovery key. Is there a way to resolve this without losing all the documents I have on the hard drive?

Thank you.

:)

BeiLuo, Feb 24, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 24, 2019
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key - Similar Threads - Unable retrieve Bitlocker

2. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  3. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Last try

Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Last try: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  7. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  8. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  9. How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID: I am not the original owner of my surface book and am trying to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key. The BitLocker recovery key is not on my Microsoft account nor is it on the account of the person I got the laptop from. I have a recovery ID for aka.ms/aadrecoverkey but that...
  10. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?: Hi All, OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he had to reimage the laptop and the machine was prompted him to enter in a recovery key. I provided him with a BitLocker...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there anywhere you can call for bitlocker key

2. bitlocker recovery key code