Windows 10: Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm able to left click the start icon, my task bar shortcuts, and the tray icons, but I can't right click any of them. Nothing happens. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Flebsy, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Flebsy Win User

Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10

I'm able to left click the start icon, my task bar shortcuts, and the tray icons, but I can't right click any of them. Nothing happens. However, I can't left click the clock to show the calendar, or the notification center. Night light doesn't work at all anymore either, even from Settings, and I can't even open the Notification center at all anymore. It all seems so random.

It seems like my taskbar is just completely broken. Any possible fixes?

:)

Flebsy, Sep 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 6, 2019
  4. fancymans Win User

Show or hide Recent Items on the Start Menu/Task Bar

Hi,

On previous versions of Windows, we would be able to hide recent items from the start menu and the task bar. I am trying to hide recent items on the task bar, but the option is no longer there. Can anyone help?

To clarify, what I mean by recent items are the list of files recently opened using a specific program. For example, if I right click on Visual Studio on my task bar, I get a list of all the apps I've been working on. I don't want these to display.

fancymans, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to right click task bar items in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable right click

2. task bar is blank unable to click on programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar is blank unable to click on programs: Did a network reset in settings, I’ve done it before without an issue. The task bar is now blank and when I click on it the screen goes black for a bit than comes back on, also there is localservicenonetworkfirewall program running in task manager. Not sure what to do, I’ve...
  3. task bar is blank unable to click on programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar is blank unable to click on programs: Did a network reset in settings, I’ve done it before without an issue. The task bar is now blank and when I click on it the screen goes black for a bit than comes back on, also there is localservicenonetworkfirewall program running in task manager. Not sure what to do, I’ve...
  4. task bar is blank unable to click on programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't right click in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click in task bar: To start, I have:Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Build: 19042.1165Issue: I can't right click any icon in the task bar. Additionally, when I hover over an icon in the task bar the active windows show, but then they won't go away, even after I click on one of them to bring that...
  6. White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items: Like the title says, whenever I click on Network or Sound icons on my task bar, the normal box that youd see shows up, but theres a white box around them. Included with this is the fact that I cant right click items that I search for in the start menu and when I left click...
  7. Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar: Hi With the help of a community member I have just solved a problem that had brought my laptop to the state of unusable and close to the re-installation of Win 10 - see entry "file permissions" for details. One consequence of this problem and the execution of the...
  8. Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.: So I encountered this question: When I opened the explorer, it takes me to the computer page. There are something on side bar. When I right clicked one of them, the window freezes and later the explorer restarts since I see a reload of my taskbar. Windows Version: Windows...
  9. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  10. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....