Windows 10: Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!

Discus and support Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 media player is refusing to rip a CD to MP3. I've tried all the stock suggestions on multiple similar posts: Error correction is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dfare9gtegadafg, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!

Hello,

Windows 10 media player is refusing to rip a CD to MP3. I've tried all the stock suggestions on multiple similar posts:

• Error correction is turned on for the CD/DVD drive in Media Player.
    • There's a valid folder for it to rip to have tried 2 separate drives, includng C:.
    • Have tried increasing quality to maximum for MP3.

None of this has any effect; I still get the error message:

Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.

If I turn the file format to WMA, then I can rip fine but I don't want it in WMA format.

Suggestions? I've seen posts on non-microsoft forums that suggest an MP3 codec might be the issue but that seems... odd when it plays mp3s just fine. Not sure where I would get a legitimate one either?

Thanks in advance!

:)

dfare9gtegadafg, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

JetAudio doesn't rip wma

Apparently none of us Volunteers viewing have an answer about/experience with the particular program you are using. I use Windows Media Player on Win10 to Rip music to the HDD, most times save as .mp3 but .wma is another choice.

Granted, not getting an immediate answer is annoying but again, it's whether a Volunteer sees a post and has a solution.

Berton, Jan 11, 2020
  3. JetAudio doesn't rip wma

I use JetAudio for my ripping, and for some reason sInce using Windows 10, it wont rip to wma or even convert. Media allows you to rip. But for me, once I use Audacity to remaster ie adding, bass, treble and gain, I would convert to wma variable. Is there a solution as to why JetAudio isnt working with wma?. Just a note, you can play wma just not rip or convert

timmyriggie, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!

Error code 0xc00d7187 while playing wma file with Groove Music

For further assistance, we need to clarify somethings.

• Do you have a subscription on Groove Music?
    • Have you tried adding music to OneDrive for it to play on the computer?
    Make sure that your music files are one of the supported file types to be unprotected:

• MP3
    • M4A
    • WMA

WMA files downloaded through a Groove Music Pass are typically protected due to it's copyrights. Since you mentioned that the WMA files are protected music ripped from the CD, that could be the main reason why you're encountering this issue.

PreciousLeb, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!

1. Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine! - Similar Threads - Unable rip music

2. MP3 Music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP3 Music: I have ripped music to MP3 on my laptop. My MP3 player is a Panasonic DVD/CD player/recorder which plays MP3 music. I want to transfer the files from my laptop to the Panasonic equipment. Do I need to add a device ie. the Panasonic device to my laptop to achieve this?I...
  3. Ripping Music CD's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ripping Music CD's: When ripping a disk of music on Media Player, where does it save the music to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-cds/bcf9bdf4-8b9e-4346-8509-e8c6ebea7df3
  4. RIP music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RIP music: I have Windows 10 and Windows Media Player, version 12.0 I can no longer find how to RIP CD's to my music library. I have read all of the suggestions from Microsoft support; all settings are current but two things happen when inserting a CD to be RIPPED - (1) It does not...
  5. Both wav and wma files during rip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both wav and wma files during rip: This just started happening. When I rip a CD, using Media Player, to my USB flash drive both wav and wma files of each song are being created. Rip setting is set to wav. During this rip my PC did freeze. Rip went on normally and I was able to do a cntl, alt, del to check Task...
  6. How do I convert my WMA music files to MP3 files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I convert my WMA music files to MP3 files?: I had previously downloaded music files and were also added to an older MP3 player. However, when I tried loading the same music folder to a newer MP3 player, error indicated that file format not supported....
  7. rip music

rip music: when ripping cd to media player album title details do not show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-music/8353ed90-387f-497c-a57b-37af1d4a0615
  8. Ripping my music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ripping my music: Ripping my music from a CD the info displayed is some other artist What is causing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-my-music/8df7274e-8d04-42ed-8f48-ebba215fb3f6
  9. Download/Rip music to my MP3 player

Download/Rip music to my MP3 player: How do you rip/download music from Windows Media Player to my MP3 device. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I found the 'rip' setting or whatever you'd like to call it, and dragged an album over, but nothing happens. Just a reminder, you're dealing with a fossil. Any...
  10. JetAudio doesn't rip wma

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JetAudio doesn't rip wma: I use JetAudio for my ripping, and for some reason sInce using Windows 10, it wont rip to wma or even convert. Media allows you to rip. But for me, once I use Audacity to remaster ie adding, bass, treble and gain, I would convert to wma variable. Is there a solution as to why...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player not able to rip