Windows 10: Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC

Discus and support Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had this PC for around 10 months now, almost a year. I download a lot of games, some piratedfrom trusted pirate sites. I was playing RE2 Remake a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by joestarrr, Apr 16, 2020.

1. joestarrr Win User

Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC

I've had this PC for around 10 months now, almost a year. I download a lot of games, some piratedfrom trusted pirate sites. I was playing RE2 Remake a few days ago, when the game crashed. When I started it again it shows only a black screen and an error. I restarted my PC, I was able to run it again but when I exit the game I am unable to run other games, but it does not show an error but instead only shows a blank screen. I tried all I could, revert my overclock settings, update Windows and my drivers. Also checked all tutorials and similar questions

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-8565U @1.80GHz

8GB RAM

GPU: AMD Radeon 520 2GB

Windows 10 version 1909

:)

joestarrr, Apr 16, 2020

2. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC

1. Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC - Similar Threads - Unable run game

2. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  3. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  4. When hard wired, PC will not find my wifi unless I reboot my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hard wired, PC will not find my wifi unless I reboot my PC.: I have a Dell Latitude 5340. I have a Dell WD15 monitor dock plugged into my USB-C for monitors, internet ETC. When I turn my laptop on in the monring, it connects to the internet via, the hardwired dock AND I can see all my Wifi Signals. A few hours later, when I need to...
  5. When hard wired, PC will not find my wifi unless I reboot my PC.

When hard wired, PC will not find my wifi unless I reboot my PC.: I have a Dell Latitude 5340. I have a Dell WD15 monitor dock plugged into my USB-C for monitors, internet ETC. When I turn my laptop on in the monring, it connects to the internet via, the hardwired dock AND I can see all my Wifi Signals. A few hours later, when I need to...
  6. When hard wired, PC will not find my wifi unless I reboot my PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Games run slow unless I force directx12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games run slow unless I force directx12: My pc suddenly has problems running a lot of games, while it's specs are quite high.It used to be able to run almost any game, but it currently has issues running any game I try.It has no issues outside of running games, other things work just fine.The games run at about ~15...
  8. Games run slow unless I force directx12

Games run slow unless I force directx12: My pc suddenly has problems running a lot of games, while it's specs are quite high.It used to be able to run almost any game, but it currently has issues running any game I try.It has no issues outside of running games, other things work just fine.The games run at about ~15...
  9. Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display not connecting unless Pc rebooted.: I am swapping my second screen between a laptop and a pc. When I plug the screen back into the turned-on PC the input doesn't recognise its plugged in. I either have to reboot the PC or disable and re-enable to video driver from computer management. I am changing input...
  10. Unable to reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reboot my PC: My PC couldn't start properly after loading software from a cd then rebooting. I am receiving Error Message: 0xc0000225 and then Stop code: Inaccessible Boot Device. I used different computer to view YouTube video but all take me to the Repair Option but my PC will not...