Windows 10: Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.

Discus and support Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Following clean install of Windows 10 v1909 (Build 18363.476) x64, I am unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.' even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ian Mosley, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.

Following clean install of Windows 10 v1909 (Build 18363.476) x64, I am unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.' even though my account says I have them.

Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges. 13bb8d8d-b3cd-4dd2-8410-a985e627859f?upload=true.png

:)

Ian Mosley, Nov 30, 2019

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Ruin350 Win User
    Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges

Hello. I'm using Windows 10 on my computer and a few weeks ago I started having problems running certain programs and tasks. I noticed today that anything requiring administrator privileges, such as certain programs, installing or removing programs, or even a system restore will not run. When I try, the computer sits idle for 2-3 minutes and then says "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." I haven't been able to find a solutions to this issue anywhere else online. The only suggestions I've found for similar problems involve running maintenance tasks (which won't run) or editing the registry (which I also can't do). Any other suggestions?

PC Specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
    CPU: AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB GAMING
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin UDIMM Memory
    MICRON MT8JTF25664AZ-1G4D1 2GB (2GBx2) DDR3

Ruin350, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Wil501 Win User

Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.

how to fix problem (a required privilege is not held by the client ) in windows 10

I followed all the steps here but my problem has not been resolved.

When I try to run a new program (as Administrator) I get error

"A required privilege is not held by the client "

I'm using an ASUS laptop with Windows 10

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Wil501, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.

1. Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges. - Similar Threads - Unable run anything

2. How to use run with administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use run with administrator privileges: Hey so quick question here so how do you make run execute command with administrator privileges the one that pops up by pressing windows and r key together for ex: I open run and type cmd the cmd shall start with admin privileges. Bye!...
  3. How to use run with administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use run with administrator privileges: Hey so quick question here so how do you make run execute command with administrator privileges the one that pops up by pressing windows and r key together for ex: I open run and type cmd the cmd shall start with admin privileges. Bye!...
  4. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  5. Run apps without Administrator privilege

Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  6. Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's

Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's: Hello Community; I have an HP Desktop with OS of Windows 10. SCENERIO; I used to be able to RIGHT click on the start icon the bottom left of the desktop and in the dropdown list there was " RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR or ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILAGES " but now when I right click on the...
  7. Unable to do anything within File Explorer requiring Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to do anything within File Explorer requiring Admin Privileges: Sometime last year I had to replace everything within my computer and this included my storage drives which included my installation of Windows 10. I re-installed my version of windows correctly but before this, I had installed it on one of my HDDs E: instead of my SSD C:,...
  8. Storage optimization requires administrative privileges

Storage optimization requires administrative privileges: i have recently been getting a strange message from windows defrag when ever i log into windows. the message reads "Storage optimization requires administrative privileges. To Perform this task, you must log on using an administrator account" I am the only user of this...
  9. software install: Administrative Privileges Required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software install: Administrative Privileges Required: Hi All, I just built a fresh Win10 machine. Its part of a windows domain which applies admin accounts. I've updated the machine, and allowed all group policies to apply. I have verified that my domain admin account is a local admin on the PC. When I try to install MS...
  10. Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 on my computer and a few weeks ago I started having problems running certain programs and tasks. I noticed today that anything requiring administrator privileges, such as certain programs, installing or removing programs, or even a system restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comand for microphone in command prompt

2. command for microphone in comand prompt