Windows 10: Unable to run application

Discus and support Unable to run application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to load ASUS GPU software but application comes up saying "This App has been blocked for your protection" "An administrator has blocked you from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BryanAlley1, May 29, 2019.

1. Unable to run application

Trying to load ASUS GPU software but application comes up saying "This App has been blocked for your protection" "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator". My account is as an administrator. Is there something else that is keeping me from running UI.exe?

:)

BryanAlley1, May 29, 2019

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 29, 2019
  3. Unable to export videos using Photos application

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to export videos using Photo application, let us try few troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

Refer the article on Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Photo application.

To do that,

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Windows PowerShell.
    3. Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    4. Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage *Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart the computer and reinstall Microsoft Photos app from Microsoft Store.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 29, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Unable to run application

0xc0000142 Application unable to start correctly

We would like to verify if you have tried the steps that were provided by
    Andre Da Costa
    on how to perform a repair of your Windows 10 using a media creation tool from the link posted above. If yes, then the next suggestion we have for you is to start the applications/games in
    compatibility mode. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on file (giving games application error 0xc0000142).
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on the Compatibility tab.
    • Click on Run Compatibility Troubleshooter if the games work save the settings if not continue.
    • Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for

compatibility troubleshooting.
    • Select the operating system to which the driver is available.
    • Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under
      Privilege Level.
    • Click on Apply and then exit.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Unable to run application

1. Unable to run application - Similar Threads - Unable run application

2. application not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    application not run: dear sir, after an update some application of my laptop can't run like-calculator,calender,phots,microsoft store etc.please give me answer or solution of this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-not-run/f03e7ffc-f794-4beb-84b3-cb53704f3cf3
  3. application not run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    application not run: dear sir, after an update some application of my laptop can't run like-calculator,calender,phots,microsoft store etc.please give me answer or solution of this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-not-run/f03e7ffc-f794-4beb-84b3-cb53704f3cf3
  4. Unable to run a visual studio application on my computer running windows 10 Pro

Unable to run a visual studio application on my computer running windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a VS .exe application. It runs fine on all other computers running windows 10 however it does not on my computer running windows 10. Infact its a fresh windows 10 ISO I installed and is already activated. Please help....
  5. No application running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No application running: This morning i noticed that my c: drive if getting full around 60%. So i tried deleting unnecessary files and folders. I have autodesk 3ds max 2021 installed and the file was taking up around 9gb of storage. I am talking about the file which we see when we open c: drive, and...
  6. Unable to run an application

Unable to run an application: Since my latest update from Microsoft Windows 10 ver 1909, an application I have been running for 10 years suddenly says it's not approved software and Microsoft won't let me run it. I even tried running as Administrator and got the same message....
  7. cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly...

cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly...: Today for the first time I got a BSOD . with the message Stop Code : SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION What failed: FLTMGR.SYS Tried to run sfc /scannow cmd.exe fails to run with the message "The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000142. Click OK to close the...
  8. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]: Without administrative privileges, I am unable to run certain programs like Steam, Spotify and even my own antivirus Avast (of course those aren't the only programs). I'm currently running an x64bit version of Windows 10 and it's never been like this until yesterday. There...
  9. Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application: I have windows 10. Recently, i ran Driver Booster to update some device drivers. After this, I realized that my AVG antivirus needed update, so I did this also. After this, i noticed that I cannot run certain programs, like my task manager, IOBit Smart Defragmentation. The...
  10. Unable to run any applications, programs, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to run any applications, programs, etc.: So my computer decided to update something on the 16th, and ever since then, I haven't been able to open an applications or run any exe or anything like that. Even things like opening settings doesn't work. Everything I tried just comes back with an error. I have tried...