Windows 10: Unable to run apps as administrator

Discus and support Unable to run apps as administrator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gebu_, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Gebu_ Win User

Unable to run apps as administrator

I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close to something working, there comes a new issue.

So after I right click and click the "Run as administrator" button, it freezes. If I open something in file explorer and run something as administrator the whole window freezes for about 10 minutes before an error occurs saying "The file could not be opened because the specified path does not exist" or something like that.

If someone knows about this problem, please help.

:)

Gebu_, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to run apps as administrator :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 9, 2019
  3. unable to run Windows store on Windows 10

it still can not help despite what you suggest, Windows Store is still like the screenshot above.

Ahmad Rafiansyah Irawan, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Unable to run apps as administrator

Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

Running programs as an administrator can be set checking the properties of the app it self. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? It is better if you could provide to us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to run apps as administrator

1. Unable to run apps as administrator - Similar Threads - Unable run apps

2. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  3. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  4. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  6. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  7. apps need to run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps need to run as administrator: I recently reinstalled windows 10 and found that certain apps only worked when I ran as administrator. But before I reinstalled windows the same apps never asked to run as admin. The app in this case is Gif Your Game. To access my game it requires to be run as admin, but...
  8. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  9. Unable to "Run as Administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run as Administrator": I'm trying to update a Lenovo laptop that is currently running 1803. Last update was in April 2018. It will be used to do taxes for AARP. My problem is that all the update are failing with error 0x8007002. I'm unable to stop the "Windows Update" service. I get a User...
  10. Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator, and Turning "Run as Administrator on an app": Hello all, I hope you can help, I turned on "Run as Administrator" with my app (Which stopped it for working) I turned to turn it off but instead locked myself out of the Administrator account and can't do anything as i forgot y passwords as i always use my pin Please can...