Windows 10: Unable to run apps from old drive

Discus and support Unable to run apps from old drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, Background to problem: My OS was installed on my Internal Hard Drive the "old drive" from now on but failed to run. I wanted to salvage my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rexilo11, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Rexilo11 Win User

Unable to run apps from old drive

Hey,

Background to problem: My OS was installed on my Internal Hard Drive the "old drive" from now on but failed to run. I wanted to salvage my files so I fresh-installed the OS on my SSD after formatting it my other drive. Initially I had some permission problems accessing the files of my old drive but I took ownership after following a guide. While it is annoying that I'm on a different user even though all my files are there including the old user directory, I'm now just trying to use my PC normally as I used to. All my files and programs bar the OS are located in my old drive.

Essence of the problem: When browsing my old drive it always boots with some folders and files missing and only loads them as I'm entering their directories another example is that all file icons will load in delay. More importantly, when I'm trying to run programs/apps that are located in my old drive nothing works. Sometimes I double click and nothing happens beyond the loading circle, sometimes it opens a window that is completely white and stuck happened to me on browser, and sometimes it tries to run but finds a problem steam for example. I noticed all the directories are set as Read Only and keep reverting to it.

I'd be thankful for any help as this issue has gotten the best of me :

:)

Rexilo11, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 27, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to run apps from old drive :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to run apps from old drive - Similar Threads - Unable run apps

2. Installing Win95 to separate drive to run old software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Win95 to separate drive to run old software: I am running an HP desktop with I have a working hard drive from a previous computer that was reformatted for storage. I have a folder entitled "Custom" saved/backed up through the years from "Corel Print House Magic 4 Premium/Family and Friend's" for Win95/98 that contains...
  3. Installing Win95 separate drive to run old software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing Win95 separate drive to run old software: I am running an HP desktop with I have a working hard drive from a previous computer that was reformatted for storage. I have a folder entitled "Custom" saved/backed up through the years from "Corel Print House Magic 4 Premium/Family and Friend's" for Win95/98 that contains...
  4. Installing Win95 separate drive to run old software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Win95 separate drive to run old software: I am running an HP desktop with I have a working hard drive from a previous computer that was reformatted for storage. I have a folder entitled "Custom" saved/backed up through the years from "Corel Print House Magic 4 Premium/Family and Friend's" for Win95/98 that contains...
  5. Installing Win95 separate drive to run old software

6. Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Run Apps with UAC Shield: Just to let you know, my computer is unable to run some apps by double-clicking so I have to right-click on it and have it "Run with graphics processor".But I can only do this with apps that don't have the UAC shield on them.When I tried to run it with a graphics processor,...
  7. running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator

running apps from a usb drive, including authenticator: If I install apps for windows 10 on a USB drive will they work only for the PC that I'm on at the time or can I take that USB drive and go to a different windows PC and run the apps there? I want to set up a USB drive to with my security software and the authenticator. My...
  8. Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.: Hello, I recently upgraded to an ssd for a boot drive with around 500gb. Now, I would like to put some programs here but I want most of my games and programs to be be loaded from one of my two hard drives. Currently, the ssd is the C: drive. I also cannot seem to access...
  9. Unable to delete Sharepoint files from an old drive

Unable to delete Sharepoint files from an old drive: I recently installed a new SSD in my computer and am keeping myold drive as seconday storage. I do not want to format the old drive as it has a large amount of files that I want to keep. I have a problem with some sharepoint files that I am unable to delete. I am not the...
  10. Unable to run apps as administrator

Unable to run apps as administrator: I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close to something working, there comes a new issue. So after I right click and click the "Run as administrator" button, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run program on other drive with windows 10