Windows 10: Unable to "Run as Administrator"

Discus and support Unable to "Run as Administrator" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update a Lenovo laptop that is currently running 1803. Last update was in April 2018. It will be used to do taxes for AARP. My problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hank Arnold, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Unable to "Run as Administrator"

I'm trying to update a Lenovo laptop that is currently running 1803. Last update was in April 2018. It will be used to do taxes for AARP.

My problem is that all the update are failing with error 0x8007002. I'm unable to stop the "Windows Update" service. I get a User Acccount Control prompt telling me to "enter an admin user name and password". It defaults to "Installer" (Can't change it) and wants a password. I have no idea what that is.

I get the same message any time I try to run anything as an administrator.

Any clues at to what is happening and what I should do? TIA

:)

Hank Arnold, Dec 5, 2019
  2. 74yyuio Win User

Unable to Run as Administrator

Denis. Thanks for your reply. The previous post was last year. I had a fairly new HP laptop which suddenly would not boot. I came to the Ten Forum site and the responder was Guru Navy LCDR. He was giving me things to try. Due to some health problems, I dropped out for a while. I was finally able to get an older Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 running which moved the urgency down a few notches. I just recently got back to the HP problem and contacted the guru. He sent me a procedure to try. The first step was to create a command list. The first item was 'cmd and Run as Administrator', which I could not achieve.. I tried it on the Toshiba and it worked. Via Google, I received several things to try, but none worked.

On your thread today, using the old Toshiba, I did the right click on start and selected the Windows PowerShell (Admin), the screens you showed came up. When I tried it on the desktop, there was no visible response. As you can tell, any help you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks again
    Dick R.

74yyuio, Dec 16, 2019
  3. unable to run Windows store on Windows 10

it still can not help despite what you suggest, Windows Store is still like the screenshot above.

Ahmad Rafiansyah Irawan, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Unable to "Run as Administrator"

unable to run Windows store on Windows 10

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Unable to "Run as Administrator"

1. Unable to "Run as Administrator" - Similar Threads - Unable Run Administrator

2. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  3. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  4. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  6. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  7. Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.: Hi everyone, Unable to "Run As Administrator" on anAdmin account. Is this a feature that is disabled with the Windows Insider preview releases? If so, is there a tweak like a registry key that will reenable this please? I'm not really wanting to go back to theslow...
  8. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  9. Unable to run or install programmes as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to run or install programmes as administrator: Hello, I am currently having an issue where any executable I run as administrator fails with the following "C:\exampleexecutablepath.exe the specified path does not exist, check the path and try again" I have followed the common advice and ensured the path is correct, have...
  10. Unable to run apps as administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to run apps as administrator: I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close to something working, there comes a new issue. So after I right click and click the "Run as administrator" button, it...