Windows 10: Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Discus and support Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Without administrative privileges, I am unable to run certain programs like Steam, Spotify and even my own antivirus Avast (of course those aren't the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vincent7763, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Without administrative privileges, I am unable to run certain programs like Steam, Spotify and even my own antivirus Avast (of course those aren't the only programs).

I'm currently running an x64bit version of Windows 10 and it's never been like this until yesterday.

There have not been any hardware changes recently but to software, I installed both MacType and RainMeter yesterday (plus a Spotify update).
    Also, startup programs refuse to start.

:)

vincent7763, Feb 2, 2019

2. Applications won't start when run as administrator

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem with my windows 10 professional laptop.

For some unknown reason, it happens that all applications that are specified to run in administrator mode won't start when trying to.

Rebooting windows solves the problem, but only for a certain time.

I log onto a domain.

My windows user belongs to the domain Administrators group.

Any idea or suggestion ?

Many thanks in advance.

Vincent.69, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

unable to run Windows store on Windows 10

it still can not help despite what you suggest, Windows Store is still like the screenshot above.

Ahmad Rafiansyah Irawan, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

1. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit] - Similar Threads - Unable Run Certain

2. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  3. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  4. Unable to run an application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run an application: Since my latest update from Microsoft Windows 10 ver 1909, an application I have been running for 10 years suddenly says it's not approved software and Microsoft won't let me run it. I even tried running as Administrator and got the same message....
  5. Unable to "Run as Administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run as Administrator": I'm trying to update a Lenovo laptop that is currently running 1803. Last update was in April 2018. It will be used to do taxes for AARP. My problem is that all the update are failing with error 0x8007002. I'm unable to stop the "Windows Update" service. I get a User...
  6. Application launch with "Run as administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application launch with "Run as administrator": Good afternoon, I have an issue with launching app. In my masters I use 2 users : UserXXX (Only User) and Admin (Administrator). 1) I install software with Admin user and I have no problem. 2) I launch software and with Damin user I have to choose "Run as...
  7. Unable to run application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run application: Trying to load ASUS GPU software but application comes up saying "This App has been blocked for your protection" "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator". My account is as an administrator. Is there something...
  8. Unable to run apps as administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to run apps as administrator: I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close to something working, there comes a new issue. So after I right click and click the "Run as administrator" button, it...
  9. Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application: I have windows 10. Recently, i ran Driver Booster to update some device drivers. After this, I realized that my AVG antivirus needed update, so I did this also. After this, i noticed that I cannot run certain programs, like my task manager, IOBit Smart Defragmentation. The...
  10. Running a Application as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running a Application as Administrator: How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ? Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator. Thanks...