Windows 10: Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home

Discus and support Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to run exe file in Windows 10 Home Single language. But it says you are running this device in S mode and this version I can switch out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VishalTalreja, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home

Hi,I am trying to run exe file in Windows 10 Home Single language. But it says you are running this device in S mode and this version I can switch out of S mode. Can anyone help me?

:)

VishalTalreja, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 1, 2020
  3. unable to run *.exe files

unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6

Bedford3824, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home

EXE Files not running after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Sujay,

Welcome to Microsoft community.
    We understand that, you are unable to open .exe files on your system and we are glad to assist you.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What are the applications or programs, are you trying to open?
    • From where did you install the applications on your system?
    Lets try to perform a clean boot and check, if it works. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Also, I suggest you to right click on the setup .exe file and select Run as administrator option and check, if it works.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home

1. Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Unable run exe

2. Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.: NmxwdczyjvlXubdl Registry -> User Run "C:\Users\TRIDEV\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NmxwdczyjvlXubdl.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunI am not able to identify the file running in the startup and suspicious about any...
  3. Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.: NmxwdczyjvlXubdl Registry -> User Run "C:\Users\TRIDEV\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NmxwdczyjvlXubdl.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunI am not able to identify the file running in the startup and suspicious about any...
  4. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  5. unable to run *.exe files

unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  6. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Windows 10 not running .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...
  8. EXE files will not run in Windows 10

EXE files will not run in Windows 10: Whenever I try to run "some" .exe files in Windows 10 I get the following error: ShellExecuteEx failed: code 1155. No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. How do I correct this?...
  9. Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows: Hi Sir/Madam, This is Devaraj Kanagaddi I am working as Software Developer. I located in southern part of INDIA. I implemented simple C++ program using Visual studio 2017 platform, In that i used threading and curl library. I Build my code with x64 in release mode. I...
  10. 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file: Hi everyone, I've got this serious problem recently. I can't run some .exe file. This problem happens a month ago, but now that file is able to run now, and now it got other .exe file can't run. Everytime I keep launch the .exe application file, the cursor just keep...