Windows 10: unable to run *.exe files

Discus and support unable to run *.exe files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bedford3824, Jul 2, 2020.

1. unable to run *.exe files

unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6

:)

Bedford3824, Jul 2, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

DISM unable to locate Install.wim file

Nothing wrong with using install.esd

@EasyGoingPat
    FYI, install.esd or install.wim both result the extraction of the component store files to temp folder (%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\local\temp) then use them to repair.

1. Copy install.esd to your Desktop
    2. From Admin command, run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    3. then run: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:%USERPROFILE%\install.esd:1 /LimitAccess
    For Step 2 & 3. Just copy and paste the command to make sure the syntax is correct. See screen shot:
    NOTE: Step 2 in the screen shot will be different from yours since I have no corruption.

unable to run *.exe files [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Unable to delete a file

Hi Brent,

There are a lot of possible reason why the issue occurs, we suggest that you access
    safe mode
    and
    delete the files there. If the same issue occur,
    reboot
    your PC and run these following
    methods of troubleshooting
    steps:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

unable to run *.exe files

unable to run window store and update

Sorry for the late response. If the above steps did not work, let's try another troubleshooting step. You can try the suggestion by Linley Meslier above and see if it will resolve the issue. If not, try resetting Windows Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana.
    • Type WSreset.exe, then click it.
    • The Store app and a command prompt will open without any messages and it will automatically close when the process is done.
    • Restart the computer.

After doing the steps, try running Windows Store again and see if you can do an update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

unable to run *.exe files

1. unable to run *.exe files - Similar Threads - unable run exe

2. Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.: NmxwdczyjvlXubdl Registry -> User Run "C:\Users\TRIDEV\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NmxwdczyjvlXubdl.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunI am not able to identify the file running in the startup and suspicious about any...
  3. Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to identify the .exe file running in startup menu.: NmxwdczyjvlXubdl Registry -> User Run "C:\Users\TRIDEV\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NmxwdczyjvlXubdl.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunI am not able to identify the file running in the startup and suspicious about any...
  4. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  5. Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home: Hi,I am trying to run exe file in Windows 10 Home Single language. But it says you are running this device in S mode and this version I can switch out of S mode. Can anyone help me?...
  6. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows: Hi Sir/Madam, This is Devaraj Kanagaddi I am working as Software Developer. I located in southern part of INDIA. I implemented simple C++ program using Visual studio 2017 platform, In that i used threading and curl library. I Build my code with x64 in release mode. I...
  8. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  9. .exe file wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193
  10. 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file: Hi everyone, I've got this serious problem recently. I can't run some .exe file. This problem happens a month ago, but now that file is able to run now, and now it got other .exe file can't run. Everytime I keep launch the .exe application file, the cursor just keep...