Windows 10: Unable to Run Genshin Impact Game

Discus and support Unable to Run Genshin Impact Game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've been trying to run a game called "Genshin Impact" on my Windows 10 pc. Whenever I try to run it , it always shows " MSVCP140.dll was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TillyBeans, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Unable to Run Genshin Impact Game

So I've been trying to run a game called "Genshin Impact" on my Windows 10 pc. Whenever I try to run it , it always shows " MSVCP140.dll was not found". I also reinstalled the game a couple times and it would not work. I searched up a few things ,and it seemed that I had to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable and the x84 Redistributable. I then installed the game and tried to run it but same problem is still happening. What should I do?

:)

TillyBeans, Oct 31, 2020

2. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Unable to Run Genshin Impact Game

Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Run Genshin Impact Game

1. Unable to Run Genshin Impact Game - Similar Threads - Unable Run Genshin

2. Running games such as Genshin Impact is causing the Internet to go down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running games such as Genshin Impact is causing the Internet to go down: Hiya, Been trying to resolve this but I think the issue is bigger than me.I got a new computer a couple of weeks ago, and everything was running fine, there were some inital connectivity issues which I solved by plugging the WiFi booster directly into my computer via ethernet...
  3. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Genshin impact: Hello everyone..I'm Daim.. I play a game called Genshin... And the problem I'm facing is that whenever I fullscreen1680x1050my game..it colors changes.. Even though my PC recommend this resolution...I don't know why this is happening..if less my resolution then the colors get...
  4. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genshin impact: Hello everyone..I'm Daim.. I play a game called Genshin... And the problem I'm facing is that whenever I fullscreen1680x1050my game..it colors changes.. Even though my PC recommend this resolution...I don't know why this is happening..if less my resolution then the colors get...
  5. Unable to install Genshin Impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Genshin Impact: I've been trying to install Genshin Impact but it tells me to install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x64"i dont actually trust . But when i click cancel it doesn't let me get in and it says error. What should I do!...
  6. Unable to install Genshin Impact

Unable to install Genshin Impact: I've been trying to install Genshin Impact but it tells me to install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 x64"i dont actually trust . But when i click cancel it doesn't let me get in and it says error. What should I do!...
  7. Genshin Impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genshin Impact: Is my genshin impact account still safe if i stay on windows 10 and never upgrade to windows 11? But someone says "No. If you are running the game on an unsupported, outdated, or end of support system, you will always run the risk of losing not only your Genshin account, but...
  8. Genshin Impact

Genshin Impact: Is my genshin impact account still safe if i stay on windows 10 and never upgrade to windows 11? But someone says "No. If you are running the game on an unsupported, outdated, or end of support system, you will always run the risk of losing not only your Genshin account, but...
  9. Genshin Impact :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Genshin Impact :: When I download genshin impact it will say "Allow this download to make changes to your desktop", but when I click yes nothing shows up at all I've watched all kinds of videos but I really do not know what to do....
  10. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Genshin impact: Hi, i would like to know if there is way to run Genshin impact via Comand prompt without putting in administrator for the kernel level anticheat. submitted by /u/--jackette-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxgewm/genshin_impact/