Windows 10: Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode

Discus and support Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've created a taskbar IE11 icon as shown below - [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When I click on this icon, it's window remains blank and a SECOND IE11 icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ian Mosley, May 26, 2019.

1. Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode

I've created a taskbar IE11 icon as shown below -

Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode 037a663e-9779-464a-a781-56eba759cc26?upload=true.png

Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode 5fd8c28a-aff6-45a8-b6fe-be6980835ed8?upload=true.png

When I click on this icon, it's window remains blank and a SECOND IE11 icon is created on the taskbar

Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode b9bd9717-827d-47d9-ada0-295089bf239e?upload=true.png

This appears to load the 64-bit version of IE; I know this as I need to run the 32-bit version of IE for access to a particular website, which is still not working when I use this extra icon entry.

I've NOT 'Enabled 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode' -

Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode a6e8fbcd-9274-46ca-952c-8542c6845d7e?upload=true.png

So how do I get IE11 to run in 32-bite Mode?

I'm currently running Windows 10 v1903 Release Preview (Build 18362.145) x64, IE 11.0.126 (KB4505050).

:)

Ian Mosley, May 26, 2019

2. How to upgrade Windows10 from 32 bit to 64bit?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

You may also update the touchpad driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Touchpad Driver” or “Synaptic Touchpad Driver”.
    • Right click on the drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad or Synaptic Touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    To migrate from 32 bit OS to 64 bit; if you have max 3 GBs of RAM, then 32 bit should be sufficient for your needs. If you happen to have 4 to 8 GBs or more RAM, then 64 bit would be suitable.
    As for compatibility, you will need 64 bit device drivers for any hardware devices you might have.

For more information, I suggest you to refer to the below given Wiki article by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps:

How to migrate to Windows 10 64 bit from 32 bit versions of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 26, 2019
  3. pepoluan Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, May 26, 2019
  4. Ubrales1 Win User

Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode

Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

32-bit programs will run in 32-bit mode whether or not the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Very few programs are 64-bit. And, 64-bit programs will run in 64-bit mode on a 64-bit OS.

Ubrales

Ubrales1, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode

1. Unable to run IE11 in 32-bit Mode - Similar Threads - Unable run IE11

2. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  3. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  4. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Apps running in 32 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps running in 32 bit: Ok so, i had a windows 10 32 bit installed on my pc first, then i reinstalled windows to 10 64 bit, i wiped everything clean. why is every app i just installed running on 32 bit??. please help! submitted by /u/butcrackz [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 installation of 32 bit mode on a 32 bit computer.

Windows 10 installation of 32 bit mode on a 32 bit computer.: I have a Windows 10 Home USB Stick that I am using to install the 32 bit version onto my old 32 bit Dell but when the installation completes it gives an error 0xc000035a - with a message 'Windows failed to start... This 64 bit application could'nt load because your PC...
  7. 32 Bit games not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32 Bit games not running: So fairly recently I thought of downloading a old game I used to play all the time on my moms windows XP computer The game is called magic inlay and it played perfectly on XP I downloaded it off the same exact site and everything so I'm sure it's not the game. The game is...
  8. All programs running in 32 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs running in 32 bit: I have a 64 bit operating system which is windows 10 ,but still I find in my task manager that all my programs are running in the 32 bit mode ,how would be able to solve this and make the programs run in 64 bit ?? Please help me !...
  9. 32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit: I have a program that I am trying to run on Windows 10, but it says it just run on a 32bit version navigator. Any suggestion on what to do?...
  10. windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit

windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit: Hi, first sorry if my English is not good I always install windows by this simple way and I have no problem so far. I extract iso file into one of drive with winrar. For windows 7 and 8 run setup.exe in the root drive and follow steps until that step I want select drive. If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different icon to separate 32 bit 64 IE11