Windows 10: Unable to Run Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Update

Discus and support Unable to Run Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed just recently that automatic updates had been failing on my computer for at least a year. Triggering the online update from the Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ertyuyu, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Ertyuyu Win User

Unable to Run Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Update

I noticed just recently that automatic updates had been failing on my computer for at least a year. Triggering the online update from the Settings option has failed multiple times; I have even tried with all firewalls switched off. The error message is:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 KB4486153 - Error 0x8000ffff

I then tried a standalone update. Message produced is...

Operation: Installing
    Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup
    Package Version = 4.8.03928
    User Experience Data Collection Policy: Disabled

Number of applicable items: 6

C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/Microsoft%20.NET%20Framework%204.8%20Setup_20201220_141901556.html
    ==========

Exe C:\3f0c95c430e716956f48dc411b3c7a2a\SetupUtility.exe succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    Exe C:\3f0c95c430e716956f48dc411b3c7a2a\SetupUtility.exe succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    Exe C:\3f0c95c430e716956f48dc411b3c7a2a\x64-Windows10.0-KB4486153-x64.cab failed with 0x8000ffff - Catastrophic failure .
    Exe Log File: CBS.log

Final Result: Installation failed with error code: 0x8000FFFF, "Catastrophic failure " Elapsed time: 0 00:13:24.

What do I need to do, to get my system properly updated? I have additional log data from the most recently failed update that can be provided.

:)

Ertyuyu, Dec 20, 2020

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 20, 2020
  3. unable to install microsoft .net framework 4 on my windows 10

Hello Dinesh,

There's a possibility that Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already part of your Windows that's why you are getting the error message
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4
    redistributable. when installing it. To verify if it was already installed, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check if you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. If so, tick the box beside it.
    • Click on OK.

Once completed, kindly provide us with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Unable to Run Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Update

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Run Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Update

1. Unable to Run Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Update - Similar Threads - Unable Run Microsoft

2. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  3. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework: Hello. I've come across this software and someone told me it is necessary to install in order to run games smoothly.Is this true and if it is do I need to install it?MY SPECSWINDOWS 10 PRO x64i38gb single channel...
  5. microsoft .net framework

microsoft .net framework: my laptop was lagging and was not working properly , so i reset the laptop through settings after reset there was list of apps which was removed many drivers ,updates and intel softwares was also removed , so I started to install apps which was removed all installer started...
  6. .net framework unrecognized or not running

.net framework unrecognized or not running: Upon startup today my Windows 10 v 1903 computer is unable to launch various programs at startup with the error message that .net framework 4.0 is required. Ran windows features and .net framework is not one of the options to check. .net environment and .net extensibility is...
  7. .Net Framework won't run

in Windows 10 Customization
    .Net Framework won't run: Today my .NET Framework stopped working completely. All the programs that require it, e.g. discord, razer synapse, etc, stopped working. But whenever I try to reinstall the framework the following message appears: [ATTACH] I tried to turn the framework on as...
  8. .NET Framework 4 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework 4 is corrupted: Okay so I get this error on programs running .NET 4.0.0.0 The error: Could not load file or assembly 'Accesibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. I...
  9. Microsoft .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft .NET Framework: Hi so I have this problem with Microsoft .NET Framework, some kind of pop up appeared called : "Microsoft .Net Framework Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click...
  10. .NET Framework 4+

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework 4+: Hey guys, Just wondering how do I find out what version of .NET Framework i have installed? I have looked in the programs and features, but cannot find anything in there. If its not installed, then how come? This is a new PC and has windows 10 1803 (I will not install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. net framework 4.8.03928