Windows 10: Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!!

Discus and support Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so... this issue is going on for over six months! the main problem and where it all started is that about 5 minutes after opening outlook, i get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanReubens, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!!

so... this issue is going on for over six months!

the main problem and where it all started is that about 5 minutes after opening outlook, i get this error: another prosses is using the ost file and outlook is unable to access it.

when restarting outlook I get the pst repair tool which of course finds errors in the file and repaires them, 5 minutes after that... issue reappears.

Things I've done up untill now: with no change

1. repair\upgrade windows.

2. reinstall Office several versions including 2013, 2016, 2019 and office 365.

3. remove outlook from search index.

4. disable search index completely.

5. reinstall windows several versions, I get errors with windows update even after freash install.

6. repalce the SSD two different manufactures.

7. run sfc /scannow, sfc finds errors but is unable to repair them.

8. run dsim with local windows 10 iso as source running this without a local iso fails.

9. contact HP this is a HP desktop, they redirect me to MS.

when looking in the event viewer I get two errors, 1000 for SearchProtocolHost.exe & 2000 database corruption

I am now with a fresh windows 10 Pro 20H2 install with ONLY office 2019 H&B installed and am at my withs end!

I still get windows update errors and no fix in sight.

This is a i7, 32GB, 250SSD PC so it didn't come cheep.

I'm really hoping someone here can help me beacuse if not.... I'll have to "paint this PC blue and throw it in the ocean" as the saying goes.

Thanks.

Jonathan.

:)

JonathanReubens, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Outlook

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as you are unable to access Outlook after installing Windows 10.

Kindly let us know with the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• How have you installed Windows 10 (Upgraded/ Clean installation)?
    • Are you referring to Outlook Mail Client or Outlook.com website?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error notification?

Step 1: If you are referring to Outlook App, I suggest you to run Windows Store App troubleshooter and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
        • Click on View All on left side and select
          Windows Store Apps
        • Select "Advance" and click on "Run as Administrator".
        • Click "Next" and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are referring to Outlook.com account, I suggest you to access in different web browser and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 1, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!!

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!!

1. Unable to run outlook, this is CRAZY!!! - Similar Threads - Unable run outlook

2. This is crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is crazy . . .: I noticed there are no icons on my desktop? I have, a slideshow running. But, that's it? If I run, "quick access". I can see, everything. All, the files. All, the folders? When I click on, desktop. I see, all the icons. Just the way, they are. When there on, the desktop....
  3. Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy: Hello Everybody, About a month ago I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my 1.7 year old Lenovo Flex. All software is current. But the other day (once) I noticed my otherwise quiet fan spinning loud. TaskManager offered CxUtilSvc.exe as the source. I stopped the process (at...
  4. This is crazy . . .

This is crazy . . .: It's not happening, on this Forum. But it does happen on other screens. Example: Movies, Videos and Music. What, I'm talking about, is a small rectangular window, on the bottom, right side of my screen. It's running, all the time!. It shows commercials, and other things....
  5. Unable to install outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install outlook 2013: Unable to re-install outlook 2013, after a fresh re-install of windows 10, response found a pre-release version of office product running which is preventing installation of outlook 2013. Went thru all the posted resolution steps, no luck. BK...
  6. Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy): I have set up a new image with SCCM that installs Office365 ProPlus on the machine. I have set the zeroconfigexchange=dword:00000001 in registry I have also set the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\signing\signinoptions=0 (dword) Now, what completely...
  7. This is crazy . .

This is crazy . .: It's not happening, on this Forum. But it does happen on other screens. Example: Movies, Videos and Music. What, I'm talking about, is a small rectangular window, on the bottom, right side of my screen. It's running, all the time!. It shows commercials, and other things....
  8. Outlook usage of SSD is 50% - fan blowing crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook usage of SSD is 50% - fan blowing crazy: i am running Outlook desktop. Since we migrated to O365, corporate policy limits our outlook to the online file + 1 archive. Dozens of previously independant pst files have been merged into one of the two bases. Since then I have performance issues. My laptop is now...
  9. Crazy , , ,

Crazy , , ,: I used to have black as the color of my taskbar . . . But, now it's white? I went to settings/color and picked a color, but there was no way to save it? So it stayed white. I would like to pick another color, for example . . . Black, Navy or whatever! I'll keep an eye on...
  10. Unable to open Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Calendar in Outlook: Since a recent update I have been unable to open any of the other Apps in Outlook when using Edge. I cannot access Calendar, People, One Drive etc. Any links in the emails will not open which was never a problem before the update. If I switch to IE there is no problem with...