Windows 10: Unable to run Programs as Administrator

Discus and support Unable to run Programs as Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenFoote2, May 25, 2020.

1. KenFoote2 Win User

Unable to run Programs as Administrator

I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator.
    They all open and run OK on double click.
    Anyone know what might be causing this?

Cheers.

Ken

:)

KenFoote2, May 25, 2020
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, May 25, 2020
  3. Unable to run programs in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand you are unable to run some programs on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to run the programs. Did you get any error message? Which was the previous Operating System installed on the computer?

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly (Windows 8 or 7) from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 25, 2020
  4. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Hello vincent7763, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

To always run applications as administrator I would suggest following the below instructions followed by a URL that you may refer to for more information.

Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.

Step 2: A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.

Step 3: In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced...

Step 4: In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.

Step 5: The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

URL:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1002262/run-app...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Unable to run Programs as Administrator

1. Unable to run Programs as Administrator - Similar Threads - Unable run Programs

2. Unable to run command as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to run command as administrator: On my kid's computer, I am the administrator. But when I am logged in as my kid, then attempt to run something as an administrator, I get a dialog box like that shown below. It says, "To continue enter admin username and password". But as you can see, there is no way to...
  3. Cannot run a program as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run a program as administrator: Hello,Last week, I sent my laptop to my IT team's company to install VPN for me to work remotely at home. So, everything went smoothly when I log in as usual into my windows but the problem is I can't open certain program which requires 'run as administrator'. Suddenly, it...
  4. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  5. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  6. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  7. Unable to "Run as Administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run as Administrator": I'm trying to update a Lenovo laptop that is currently running 1803. Last update was in April 2018. It will be used to do taxes for AARP. My problem is that all the update are failing with error 0x8007002. I'm unable to stop the "Windows Update" service. I get a User...
  8. Unable to run apps as administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to run apps as administrator: I am unable to run apps as administrator, even though my user is an administrator user. I've tried everything for four days now and when I've got close to something working, there comes a new issue. So after I right click and click the "Run as administrator" button, it...
  9. Issue with running programs as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...