Windows 10: unable to run programs in Win 10

Discus and support unable to run programs in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGravina, Jun 28, 2020.

1. unable to run programs in Win 10

I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00 for 2-3 years, is now $450.00 a MONTH! I want out. However, this is going to take some time. In the meanwhile, I need AbacusLaw, 2011, v20 to run under Win 10. My IT person has been working on this for months now. The Win 10 out now pushes releases that are buggy and stops my older programs from running. Has anyone else solved this problem.

:)

JohnGravina, Jun 28, 2020

2. Unable to run programs in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand you are unable to run some programs on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to run the programs. Did you get any error message? Which was the previous Operating System installed on the computer?

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly (Windows 8 or 7) from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The program is ShadowFX from Stardock Software. Is there something I can do to make such a program run on Win
    10? Thanks.

smlover3000, Jun 28, 2020
  4. unable to run programs in Win 10

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

unable to run programs in Win 10

1. unable to run programs in Win 10 - Similar Threads - unable run programs

2. Unable to run program Doctat.exe ...it worked on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run program Doctat.exe ...it worked on Windows 10: It gives Run-time error 48The same program worked in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-program-doctatexe-it-worked-on/dcf06543-3c90-4dd9-a8db-22c2e3f95dfd
  3. Unable to run program Doctat.exe ...it worked on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to run program Doctat.exe ...it worked on Windows 10: It gives Run-time error 48The same program worked in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-program-doctatexe-it-worked-on/dcf06543-3c90-4dd9-a8db-22c2e3f95dfd
  4. How to see programs are Running on Win 10?

How to see programs are Running on Win 10?: How to see programs are Running on Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-see-programs-are-running-on-win-10/46fb825e-dc64-4111-93f0-85a0fc182bb6
  5. How to see programs are Running on Win 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to see programs are Running on Win 10?: How to see programs are Running on Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-see-programs-are-running-on-win-10/46fb825e-dc64-4111-93f0-85a0fc182bb6
  6. How to see programs are Running on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  8. running incompatable programs on Win 10

running incompatable programs on Win 10: I am currently running Win7x64 pro on my desktop computers. I am toying with the idea of migrating to Win10. Problem is that I have several 'legacy' programs that I cannot & do not want to, abandon--WordPerfect X4 CorelDraw X4 and Ventura 10. they all work fine on Win7 ( a...
  9. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10: I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The program is ShadowFX from Stardock Software. Is there something I can do to make such a program run on Win 10? Thanks....
  10. Unable to run a program(McAfee)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run a program(McAfee): Recently, I've installed McAfee in my computer but it was unable to run and therefore I contacted their technician to fix this. After troubleshoting my computer and couple times of reinstalling McAfee, the issue still exists. The technician said it was due to the OS issue...