Windows 10: Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Discus and support Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to run the update troubleshooter but it keeps telling me : 'A problem is preventing the troubleshooter for starting.' Any ideas?? James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesJoey, Apr 23, 2019.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Trying to run the update troubleshooter but it keeps telling me :

'A problem is preventing the troubleshooter for starting.'

Any ideas??

James

:)

JamesJoey, Apr 23, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    unable to run window store and update

Sorry for the late response. If the above steps did not work, let's try another troubleshooting step. You can try the suggestion by Linley Meslier above and see if it will resolve the issue. If not, try resetting Windows Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana.
    • Type WSreset.exe, then click it.
    • The Store app and a command prompt will open without any messages and it will automatically close when the process is done.
    • Restart the computer.

After doing the steps, try running Windows Store again and see if you can do an update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

1. Unable to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Unable Run Update

2. Windows update troubleshooter not working and unable to update anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update troubleshooter not working and unable to update anything: This began after I had my laptop repaired after its ssd got destroyed. When I got it back everything looked okay until I realized that the person who fixed it installed pirated versions of microsoft office even though I could have reinstalled it legally. I am not sure if it...
  3. Windows update troubleshooter not working and unable to update anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update troubleshooter not working and unable to update anything: This began after I had my laptop repaired after its ssd got destroyed. When I got it back everything looked okay until I realized that the person who fixed it installed pirated versions of microsoft office even though I could have reinstalled it legally. I am not sure if it...
  4. 0x8007000d - unable to update windows - issue with troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x8007000d - unable to update windows - issue with troubleshooting: Good morning,I have had a persistent issue with windows refusing to update and I have gone over a few troubleshooting steps already but continue to run into issues during the process. The first step went well and worked:But in step two is where I started having issues:I...
  5. Windows Update Troubleshooter taking hours to run!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Troubleshooter taking hours to run!!!: Awaiting the solar flare to take out all electronic infrastructure. Meanwhile. Windows 10 updates taking hours to fail to complete on every start up for a week+. Manual Windows Update takes hours only to generate a softkey, 'Retry'. So, I run Windows Update Troubleshooter...
  6. Windows Update Troubleshooter taking hours to run!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Troubleshooter taking hours to run!!!: Awaiting the solar flare to take out all electronic infrastructure. Meanwhile. Windows 10 updates taking hours to fail to complete on every start up for a week+. Manual Windows Update takes hours only to generate a softkey, 'Retry'. So, I run Windows Update Troubleshooter...
  7. Windows Update Troubleshooter taking hours to run!!!

8. Unable to run Windows Update

Unable to run Windows Update: Whenever I attempt to run Windows Update I get "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later" If I go to the Reliability Monitor I see "MoUSO Core Worker Process stopped working" with the date/time of my attempt to run update. This happened after cloning my HDD to a...
  9. Unable to run windows update or troubleshooter or sfc scannow OR Windows recovery

Unable to run windows update or troubleshooter or sfc scannow OR Windows recovery: I have been having this problem ever since I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I think the reasoning is because I stopped the windows update for a day to transfer files and render the project that I am working on. The PC works normally, I can move files normally...
  10. Unable to run Troubleshooters !!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to run Troubleshooters !!: When trying to run any troubleshooters the following error is generated: Help ? *Smile Error 0x80096005 Wally [img] 20899