Windows 10: Unable to Save a Card as a New Payment Option

Discus and support Unable to Save a Card as a New Payment Option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying this for a few days now and I keep getting the same result each time: a reroute back to the Payment Options screen on my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristianJames3, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Unable to Save a Card as a New Payment Option

I've been trying this for a few days now and I keep getting the same result each time: a reroute back to the Payment Options screen on my Microsoft Account with no signs of a card added.

Long story short: I'm trying to make an in-app purchase. I'm unable to add a simple debit card. It's a VISA, my bank is USAA. Not exactly adding something obscure here for payment. When attempting to add the card through the app, it does the same thing as the Payment Options page in my browser in my Microsoft Account. I provide all of the correct information, triple checked with crossed t's and dotted i's, and it just loops back to "Add a Payment Option". No error code. No notification that the card information wasn't accepted... It just acts like a gold fish with a 2-second memory span.

I can connect my bank account directly just fine so something is working but that doesn't help because the app I need to make the purchase through only has options for a Debit/Credit Card, PayPal, or Gift Code.

When I called Microsoft support, they were unable to add the card for me themselves because everyone is working from home during this COVID-19 shutdown. I guess their agents don't use a company VPN to secure their connections for taking payments or handling customer card information comforting. I was basically told to wait 24 hours and try again. I did that. This is day four now and nothing has changed.

Annoying really, but not overly frustrating. I just want to give Microsoft $5. Can somebody take my money? Anybody? Heeelllooooo? *waves wallet*

complaining-but-not-complaining

:)

ChristianJames3, Apr 9, 2020
  2. skt_diaz Win User

not able to add payment option

i have a VISA ELECTRON card instead of just "visa". also it may not be an international debit card as it doesnt have the word "international" printed anywhere. could this be an issue?

skt_diaz, Apr 9, 2020
  3. not able to add payment option

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is this the first time your facing this issue?
    • Did you contact your bank, like the message suggests?
    I suggest you to retype your debit card number without spaces, commas, or other characters that aren't numbers and also verify that the billing address, expiration date, and name listed for your payment option are correct. If you are using a new payment
    option, verify that it has been activated.

Also suggest you to refer to this link below and check:

Add or edit your payment method for the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-edit-payment-method-windows-store

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better

Nachappa C K, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Unable to Save a Card as a New Payment Option

APO Option for Microsoft Account Payment Options

• Where are you trying to add the APO address?

Under "Account">""Payment Options">"Add Payment Option">"Choose Payment Option to Add">"Add a credit card or debit card", the drop down menu for "State" does not include AE or AP.

• Are you getting any error message while updating the address?
    When I put "APO" in the "City" field, the error is: "Check the city in your address. There appears to be an error in it."

Just Tired, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Save a Card as a New Payment Option

1. Unable to Save a Card as a New Payment Option - Similar Threads - Unable Save Card

2. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  3. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  4. Cancel credit card payment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel credit card payment: I recently downloaded Windows 11 for my wife's computer and before I realized I needed to check for compatibility I tendered payment for it with my Discover credit card. Her computer is not compatible with the new Win 11. How can I get a refund for the software since we can't...
  5. Cancel credit card payment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel credit card payment: I recently downloaded Windows 11 for my wife's computer and before I realized I needed to check for compatibility I tendered payment for it with my Discover credit card. Her computer is not compatible with the new Win 11. How can I get a refund for the software since we can't...
  6. debit card payment

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    debit card payment: does debit card payment are available in middle east especially in kuwait? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/debit-card-payment/7dd5f419-b32e-4210-ac19-dea190a341dd
  7. Unable to add payment option

Unable to add payment option: I tried to buy the Xbox Game Pass from the microsoft store. I am living in India. I tried adding my debit card, which is MasterCard. It did not work, it just says The information is not matching. I've called my bank, and they tried checking if my card is working and all that,...
  8. Payment Options

Payment Options: My Dell Financial Account no longer shows as a payment option at checkout, and the payment option page will not load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/payment-options/6452e17d-4067-444e-a6a0-ea28da839d22
  9. Payment options are a joke

Payment options are a joke: I want to buy an app from the Microsoft store, so I try to pay with PayPal. It asks me to add PayPal as a payment method to my Microsoft account. I try and try, but it says it's an "invalid card number". After doing some looking around online, it seems like the only option is...
  10. Payment option in Pakistan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment option in Pakistan: Hi. I have a computer on which I am using Windows 10. I have been dying to buy paid apps and games from the Microsoft Store. But when I click 'Buy', a pop-up opens which says: "add a payment method". When I choose 'Credit or debit card', another pop-up opens which requires...