Windows 10: Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files

Discus and support Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RCarelli1, Nov 29, 2018.

1. RCarelli1 Win User

Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files

I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open Office, Photoshop, or e-mail attachments....I can save from Microsoft word and Excel....

***Changed title from error message there are no more files***

:)

RCarelli1, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files

UNABLE TO SAVE **ANY** FILE IN WINDOWS 10

Thank you for the assistance.

1. Have you login as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

I believe that I'm using the Microsoft Account.

2. Are you receiving any error message while trying to save document files?

I get the following error msg when trying to save a file to the Documents folder:

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\File Name ( ie: test01.docx)

You Dont't Have Permission To Save In This Location.

Contact the Administrator to Obtain Permission.

Do You Want to Save the File in the Documents Folder?

The "Yes" or "No" button are available.
    "Yes"
    puts me into a circle with the error msg. "No" lets me out of the window/save process.

3. When you say that "I can't play a game after the upgrade as the game won't save", are you trying to save something in game?

Example game "Banished". The game has an 'autosave' function, which worked prior to the upgrade to Windows 10 without an issue. I'm also unable to 'save' a game when exiting. This function worked without an issue also prior to the upgrade to
    Win10.

4. Are you login as Administrator account?

I believe that my log-in account is has Administrator privileges.

Results of following the suggestions:

Step #1: I am not able to save a MS-Word file to the desktop. When I click the save to the desktop, **there isno
    icon** added to the desktop for the file. NOTE that I am able to find the file in the desktop folder in Explorer however.

Step#2: I appear to be logged in as the administrator. When I follow the suggested path to determine the user settings, there is no "Users" (step #3) available. My icon does appear with the notation of "Administrator" under my user name
    and I appear to be in "Users". So I'm taking this as an indication that I'm the Administrator on the PC. The intent at install was to set myself as the Administrator.

Step#3: I did add "Everyone" (no quotes) to the list successfully. It appears in the list now.

When I click the OK button I get a error for every file in the folder.

Error Applying Security

-- There is a line showing the file path --

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\file name. I get this for every file in the folder, just the 'file name' changes.

-- The error box then says --

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is Denied.

Clicking on the 'Continue' button will bring up the same error box, just with the next file's name.

Clicking on the 'Cancel' button ended up being what was necessary.

Step#4: When trying to Troubleshoot I got the following when using the 'Troubleshoot as Administrator':

"Troubleshooting couldn't Identify the Problem."

Again, thanks in advance for the assistance.

KrisBlackmarr, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files

1. Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files - Similar Threads - Unable save file

2. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  3. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  4. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to save Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save Files on Desktop: Hi,Few of my office desktops having issue with file save.Both are connected to AD DS. whenever I save a file on desktop it will save properly but not showing the files on desktop.Troubleshooting steps I have taken:1. checked show hidden files in file explorer2. show desktop...
  6. No More Files error

No More Files error: I can't save files or anything to my computer and keep getting the 'no more files' error message. Is there a fix for this< Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-more-files-error/9c4e51d4-c7f1-41ca-9b22-4fb2e8085584
  7. "There are no more files" error

"There are no more files" error: I'm not sure which recent update caused this but I'm now getting the dreaded "There are no more files" error when attempting to save files to the local hard drive. As suggested everywhere, I've removed the ASUS security management software. No success. I've done the sfc...
  8. error message there are no more files

in Windows 10 Customization
    error message there are no more files: I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open Office, Photoshop, or e-mail attachments....I can save from Microsoft word and Excel.......
  9. Cannot save files error message tells me files not found.

Cannot save files error message tells me files not found.: when I save a new file or save an existing file I get this message. I cannot save the file with any name or to any of my drives. Similarly, on saving existing files (changes to data) the file 'cannot be found'. why is this happening? I am using Windows 10 Pro on an HP Envy...
  10. Save as .....There are no more files

in Windows 10 Support
    Save as .....There are no more files: Hello, since a couple of days when I try to save something (document or image) I get this message: "There are no more files". Doesn't matter what and where I want to save. Did not installed anything lately. Thank you. 86723

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save as there are no more files

2. error while saving files no more files

3. no more files

4. there are no more files cannot save,
  5. there are no more files saving error,
  6. unable to save files There are no more files