Windows 10: unable to save a nfo file

Discus and support unable to save a nfo file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot save a nfo file I enter msinfo32 I will get my system information come up, I then do "save as" it will go through the process, "program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulMcCarney1, Dec 7, 2019.

1. unable to save a nfo file

I cannot save a nfo file

I enter msinfo32

I will get my system information come up,

I then do "save as" it will go through the process, "program not responding" will then come up.

a file is saved to the desktop, when I open it warns that its either corrupt or not suitable

how do I fix this?

I am in windows 10 pro [1903]

:)

PaulMcCarney1, Dec 7, 2019

2. nfo file. The file might be corrupt

this messages show.... help

System Information is unable to open this .nfo file. The file might be corrupt or incompatible with this version of System Information.

JaganDhumane, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 7, 2019
  4. unable to save a nfo file

unable to save a file in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to save a file. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

Suggest you to save a file in notepad to test if that helps.

Close all open windows and restart the PC to login to another user account to test if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

unable to save a nfo file

1. unable to save a nfo file - Similar Threads - unable save nfo

2. Unable to save Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save Files on Desktop: Hi,Few of my office desktops having issue with file save.Both are connected to AD DS. whenever I save a file on desktop it will save properly but not showing the files on desktop.Troubleshooting steps I have taken:1. checked show hidden files in file explorer2. show desktop...
  3. Unable to save Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save Files on Desktop: Hi,Few of my office desktops having issue with file save.Both are connected to AD DS. whenever I save a file on desktop it will save properly but not showing the files on desktop.Troubleshooting steps I have taken:1. checked show hidden files in file explorer2. show desktop...
  4. sending a .dmp and system information .nfo files to be analyzed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sending a .dmp and system information .nfo files to be analyzed?: Who can I send these two files too with hope in troubleshooting an intermittent BSOD?Matt Bruns314.308.6336 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-a-dmp-and-system-information-nfo-files-to/2759074e-4f8a-4da5-a604-38141eb462d7
  5. Windows 10 will not Save NFO File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not Save NFO File: Hello all, I need to send an NFO file of my system information. When I open MSINFO32 and save the file, everything seems to run accordingly loading bar comes up, etc. and no error messages occur. However, the file is not at the destination I sent it, but does show in my...
  6. UNABLE TO SAVE FILE IN PAINT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNABLE TO SAVE FILE IN PAINT: Suddenly, I am unable to save a file in Paint. I get a message that says "Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved". Anyone know why this is happening?...
  7. Unable to save new Notepad files

Unable to save new Notepad files: When I go to save a new Notepad file, I am not able to save it. I get the error message "File not found. Check the file name and try again." When typing any text in the a new notepad document, an * appears on the top line before "Untiled- Notepad". I have looked at all...
  8. unable to save files to Documents

unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  9. nfo file. The file might be corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nfo file. The file might be corrupt: this messages shop.... help plz System Information is unable to open this .nfo file. The file might be corrupt or incompatible with this version of System Information....
  10. Windows 10 unable to save files

Windows 10 unable to save files: My Windows 10 doesn't want to save files, either new Word documents, bank downloads into quicken or newly created power-point. Unable to Save. File Not Found when I try "save as" Can anyone help?...