Windows 10: Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app

Discus and support Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried the fixes from a March 2018 post, reset the movie/tv app, reset the photo app, made sure all my microsoft apps are updated and am running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LauraPorterXT, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app

I tried the fixes from a March 2018 post, reset the movie/tv app, reset the photo app, made sure all my microsoft apps are updated and am running version 1803 of windows 10. When I try to save a photo from the movie/tv app, I get an error 'something went wrong' Is there a fix for this??

:)

LauraPorterXT, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 22, 2018
  4. joldk Win User

Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app

Movies & TV app crashes.

It happens when I try to open Movies & TV app and also when I doubleclick on a movie file. When I doubleclick on a movie file it shows an error message "The app didn't start".

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app (as I did with the Photos app which then worked), but this does not work with the Movies & TV app

joldk, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app

1. Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app - Similar Threads - Unable save photo

2. Photo/Movie & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo/Movie & TV app not working: It says there has been an error when trying to save a trimmed video, "Unable to save. Please try again later"I reset the libraries to default, wiped the temp folder, ive reinstalled the apps, ive ran sfc scannow command, and still nothing. my Windows' files are all intact and...
  3. Photo/Movie & TV app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo/Movie & TV app not working: It says there has been an error when trying to save a trimmed video, "Unable to save. Please try again later"I reset the libraries to default, wiped the temp folder, ive reinstalled the apps, ive ran sfc scannow command, and still nothing. my Windows' files are all intact and...
  4. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  5. Movies & TV app

Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  6. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  7. Photos & "Movies & TV" apps aren't working

Photos & "Movies & TV" apps aren't working: Hi My Microsoft Photos & "Movies & TV" apps aren't working on my PC When I try to open a photo file comes up with "File System Error -2147163901" And when I try to open a video file comes up with the same Error Can anyone help? Thanks in advance...
  8. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV app: Where do I find next on your Movies and tv player it's frustration that I can't play all my videos at once and skip when I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app/57ca99c5-1290-40cb-8017-7a154d17a8cd
  9. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...
  10. Windows 10 Photo, Movies & TV App

Windows 10 Photo, Movies & TV App: Whenever I am trying opening any image using Windows 10 Photos app, this message is popping up File system error (-2147219196) Same message is displayed whenever I try to open any video using Windows 10 Movies & TV App. Please help me with this part Thanks in advance!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MOVIES & TV APP unable to save photo