Windows 10: Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10

Discus and support Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For last few days I am unable to save any document on desktop of my laptop running windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yatish kaushik, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10

For last few days I am unable to save any document on desktop of my laptop running windows 10.

:)

yatish kaushik, Dec 4, 2018
  2. BobZ Win User

Unable to Save to Documents

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer? I think that should fix my problem.

In a not so critical glitch, my computer will not go to sleep using the power settings in the control panel.

BobZ, Dec 4, 2018
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10

UNABLE TO SAVE **ANY** FILE IN WINDOWS 10

Thank you for the assistance.

1. Have you login as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

I believe that I'm using the Microsoft Account.

2. Are you receiving any error message while trying to save document files?

I get the following error msg when trying to save a file to the Documents folder:

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\File Name ( ie: test01.docx)

You Dont't Have Permission To Save In This Location.

Contact the Administrator to Obtain Permission.

Do You Want to Save the File in the Documents Folder?

The "Yes" or "No" button are available.
    "Yes"
    puts me into a circle with the error msg. "No" lets me out of the window/save process.

3. When you say that "I can't play a game after the upgrade as the game won't save", are you trying to save something in game?

Example game "Banished". The game has an 'autosave' function, which worked prior to the upgrade to Windows 10 without an issue. I'm also unable to 'save' a game when exiting. This function worked without an issue also prior to the upgrade to
    Win10.

4. Are you login as Administrator account?

I believe that my log-in account is has Administrator privileges.

Results of following the suggestions:

Step #1: I am not able to save a MS-Word file to the desktop. When I click the save to the desktop, **there isno
    icon** added to the desktop for the file. NOTE that I am able to find the file in the desktop folder in Explorer however.

Step#2: I appear to be logged in as the administrator. When I follow the suggested path to determine the user settings, there is no "Users" (step #3) available. My icon does appear with the notation of "Administrator" under my user name
    and I appear to be in "Users". So I'm taking this as an indication that I'm the Administrator on the PC. The intent at install was to set myself as the Administrator.

Step#3: I did add "Everyone" (no quotes) to the list successfully. It appears in the list now.

When I click the OK button I get a error for every file in the folder.

Error Applying Security

-- There is a line showing the file path --

C:\Users\Kris\Documents\file name. I get this for every file in the folder, just the 'file name' changes.

-- The error box then says --

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is Denied.

Clicking on the 'Continue' button will bring up the same error box, just with the next file's name.

Clicking on the 'Cancel' button ended up being what was necessary.

Step#4: When trying to Troubleshoot I got the following when using the 'Troubleshoot as Administrator':

"Troubleshooting couldn't Identify the Problem."

Again, thanks in advance for the assistance.

KrisBlackmarr, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10

1. Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable save document

2. windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...: Windows 10 on desktop: Unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. Options given but non appears to open file - 'not supported' or file damaged'. Applies to several files saved recently in this way.;...
  3. windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 on desktop: unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. options given...: Windows 10 on desktop: Unable to open files 'saved as' in Documents folder. Options given but non appears to open file - 'not supported' or file damaged'. Applies to several files saved recently in this way.;...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  6. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Saving Documents to Desktop

Saving Documents to Desktop: Whenever I try to save a document to my desktop using file explorer, it takes too long. It states “working on it” and after about a minute or so the desktop in file manager opens up and I can then continue. This does not happen when I try to save files anywhere else....
  8. unable to save files to Documents

unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  9. Unable To Save To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable To Save To Desktop: All of a sudden I'm unable to save any kind of file to various folders on my computer, including c:\users\me\desktop. Also unable to be saved to is c:\users\me\downloads. Other locations under c:\users\me are, however, okay. When I create a new file (say, a text file in...
  10. Unable to Save to Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Save to Documents: I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to save to desktop windows 10

2. i am unable to save the document in desktop in windows 10

3. unable to save documents

4. save document on laptop desktop,
  5. unable to save file in desktop windows 10,
  6. documents wont save on desktop,
  7. GP unable to save to Desktop,
  8. i am unable to save as to desktop in windows 10,
  9. how to save scaned docs to my desk top,
  10. office unable to save to desktop,
  11. document will not save to desktop windows10,