Windows 10: Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

Discus and support Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chzuck, Feb 9, 2019.

1. chzuck Win User

Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save all my apps and settings. I don't want to try a bunch of things that I am not sure of and mess this fresh Windows 10 install.

:)

chzuck, Feb 9, 2019
  2. BobZolto Win User

Unable to Save to Documents Folder

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under security, it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the security tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to
    save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer?

BobZolto, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 9, 2019
  4. BobZolto Win User

Unable to Save to Documents Folder

I was able to removed Everyone from the Users Doc folder, so it now lists only SYSTEM, My MA and Administrators. Still can't save to the Documents folder in File Explorer.

BobZolto, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder - Similar Threads - Unable save anything

2. I set up a file folder in documents and then set up sub-folders. When I tried to save a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a file folder in documents and then set up sub-folders. When I tried to save a...: I set up a file folder in documents and then set up sub-folders. When I tried to save a document to one of the sub-folders, the sub-folders don't appear....
  3. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  4. Document Folder Not Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Document Folder Not Saving: Hey everyone. If you got problem like your game can't make new folder in document's i find a quick fix. Right click documents destination and just destination of the folder Fixed :...
  5. Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder: Recently, some of the applications on my computer are unable to save files to folders in the Documents directory. It started with Notepad and Paint. Now I can't create and save in Paint 3D either. I was successfully using the Snipping Tool to copy and save images from those...
  6. Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage in C: vs. Sub-folder such as Documents: How do I reset the the default savings function so that it goes directly to C: as opposed to sub-files? I'm trying to get away from duplicate files, such as Word Docs, in both C: and the Documents sub-file. The problem I found was where the most recent files could be found,...
  7. Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete anything inside Documents folder: Hi Ten Forums, I am unable to delete anything inside Documents folder. Using keyboard of right clicking>delete. I can delete in other locations, desktop, downloads, pictures, music, etc........ but not in Documents. A system restore point back in February seemed to fix it...
  8. Saving email to document folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email to document folder: Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 mail like in Windows Essentials 2012? i.e. right click and save to documents or desktop etc.. 25601
  9. Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents: I have lost a folder off my desktop which contains vital information. I have checked my deleted items folder and it is not there. I have done a system search and it does not pop up, although two sub folders pop up, but they are both empty. What on earth has happened!!?...
  10. Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders: Hi, as with many I have upgraded to Windows 10 today and it is going well except for the fact I am unable to save any files or create new ones in the Documents and Pictures folders or any sub-folders within these folders, and I have no idea why it is doing this. For instance,...