Windows 10: Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

Discus and support Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the latest updates of March-20, I can not save the changes for Turning Off the Password protected sharing to share with my workgroup connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rahuldeo and Co, May 4, 2020.

1. Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

After the latest updates of March-20, I can not save the changes for Turning Off the Password protected sharing to share with my workgroup connected PCs

:)

Rahuldeo and Co, May 4, 2020
  2. RodMSC3# Win User

Can't connect to shared network drive

Here is the answer to your questions below:

The only change that was done to the computers before the problem began was the Windows update. All of the computers now have Windows 10 Version 1803 (Build 17134.228).

I tried the Network & Sharing Center steps you suggested below. However, four out of the five computers including the host of the shared drives do not have the Power Management tab in the Configure window. They only have General, Advanced, Driver, Details,
    and Events tabs.

I was very hopeful that your suggestion about the turn off to save power setting would be the solution. What's next?

Rod

If you're able to remember, can you tell us the last changes that were done before the issue happened (Update, software installation, ETC)? What is the current exact version of your Windows 10? To check:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

Meanwhile, please perform the following:

1. Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    2. At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    3. Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    4. Click the Configure... button.
    5. Go to Power Management tab.
    6. Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".
    7. Restart the PC (Important)

Please feel free to get back, so we can continue.

RodMSC3#, May 4, 2020
  3. dx486 Win User
    Changes in "Advanced sharing settings" of Windows 10 are not saved

I change settings in "Advanced Sharing Settings" in "Network and Sharing Center" of Windows 10 but they are never saved.

I turn on "Find/Discover Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing" but they become always off again despite I save the settings.

What can be the cause, how can I solve it, please?

dx486, May 4, 2020
  4. Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

My computer is not visible on network

Resetting the network settings may help reconfigure settings that may help resolve the issue. Since the issue still persists, we suggest checking the Advance sharing settings if network discovery is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings in the left pane.
    • Under the Private section, make sure that Turn on network discovery is selected.
    • Click Save changes.
    Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

1. Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network - Similar Threads - Unable save changes

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  4. Change network configuration when the network card is only used for sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change network configuration when the network card is only used for sharing: Computer 1 has 2 network cards, Card A and Card B. Card A is connected with a cable with Internet connection, Computer 1 is sharing the internet connection through Card B to Computer 2. I also want to use Computer 1 as a smb server. But I found I'm unable to `ping` computer 1...
  5. Network parameters for advanced share on network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network parameters for advanced share on network drives: I have an unknown problem on one of my FIVE PC's connected to the same LAN.One of them the most used Main PC gets its NETWORK DISCOVERY DESACTIVATED and auto network device configuration.I tried a certain time to work in private network mode not recommanded for the firewall...
  6. Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings: 8.8.2021Hello,SInce hte last two updates I am having problems connect PC1 with PC2 dispite the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings are correct and the individuals disk have schareable directories. Sometime it funktion then...
  7. Hi I'm finding Script change Advanced sharing setting in subject "All Networks"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi I'm finding Script change Advanced sharing setting in subject "All Networks": I want command or script change Advanced sharing setting in subject "All Networks" I want change Sub subject as follows. "Public folder sharing" change to Turn on sharing so anyone with network..... "File sharing connections" change to Use 128-bit encryption to help...
  8. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...: Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing settings are and then return them correctly after an update? This farce has been going on for over two years, and they...
  9. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...
  10. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 will not change advance sharing settings