Windows 10: Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Discus and support Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by metromiami74, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What?
    Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks.

:)

metromiami74, Sep 13, 2018
  2. simrick Win User

Excel Worksheet in Drive G

If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

metromiami74, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Maria#1 Win User

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Excel worksheets: cant cut, save or delete. Windows 10

Excel worksheets: I cant cut, paste, save or delete. Windows 10

When I try any of these functions, an error message shows up: "Excell cant complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications"

I want to delete data but the system does not allow me to do it.

Please advise! Thank you.

Maria#1, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

1. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files - Similar Threads - Unable save excel

2. Default file type to Microsoft Excel worksheet instead of XLSX file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default file type to Microsoft Excel worksheet instead of XLSX file: Hello, Due to some error in opening of excel file I had to change the default file type under .XLSX file, It was changed to XLSX file instead of Microsoft excel worksheet, now I want change it back to original but I am unable to do the same, kindly check highlighted image...
  3. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  4. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  5. Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have...: I created an excel worksheet and went to save it with other documents in a Windows word document file/folder. I get an error message that I cannot save the file to that location and to contact the administrator to obtain permission. How do I do that? Where do I go? What do I...
  6. microsoft excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft excel worksheet: I had an update on my windows 10 program last couple of weeks and when I check all of my files they lost them where are all of my files you lost? I had a tech trying to scam what do I do when I lost all of my personal; files including the Microsoft excel spreadsheet....
  7. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  8. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  9. Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

Unable to copy file from Excel jump list: Hi, With Win7 I used to be able to copy a recent or pinned file from any MS Office jump list by right clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu For Win 10 the menu is still there but when you r/c the file it doesn't appear to be in focus and consequently nothing is...
  10. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292