Windows 10: Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Discus and support Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by metromiami74, Sep 13, 2018.

1. metromiami74 Win User

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What?
    Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks.

:)

metromiami74, Sep 13, 2018
  2. simrick Win User

Excel Worksheet in Drive G

If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Sep 13, 2018
  3. metromiami74 Win User
    Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

metromiami74, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Maria#1 Win User

Excel worksheets: cant cut, save or delete. Windows 10

Excel worksheets: I cant cut, paste, save or delete. Windows 10

When I try any of these functions, an error message shows up: "Excell cant complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications"

I want to delete data but the system does not allow me to do it.

Please advise! Thank you.

Maria#1, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files - Similar Threads - Unable save excel

2. excel files won't save.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    excel files won't save.: I can open an excel file but when I save, it can't access the folder.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/excel-files-wont-save/cc2fe25e-6973-408c-a9f8-bd23118886e3
  3. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  4. Excel worksheet from pc to tablet

Excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960
  5. Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating excel worksheet from pc to tablet: I am running latest window update. 64 bit. I often prepare excel worksheets on my pc. The files are syncing OK but when I make updates on my pc, they do not update on the tablet. What am I not doing. 112960
  6. Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

Unable to copy file from Excel jump list: Hi, With Win7 I used to be able to copy a recent or pinned file from any MS Office jump list by right clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu For Win 10 the menu is still there but when you r/c the file it doesn't appear to be in focus and consequently nothing is...
  7. New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?: Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody help me out on this? I followed Shaun s tutorial for removing and reinstating New context menu...
  8. Excel changes the owner of file during save

Excel changes the owner of file during save: When Excel saves my workbook file, it changes the NTFS ownership of the file to the user account that is using Excel. I need it to allow the data to be changed within the workbook, but not change the file's ownership. Any ideas? Windows 10 Pro ... clean recent install ......
  9. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292
  10. Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move/copy etc. files within C: drive?: Hi, I've newly installed W10 Pro and am constantly being pestered with permission nags (see attached) while attempting to reorganise files within the Local Disk. I've tried changing the User permissions via "Properties>Security" but encounter nothing but a load of...