Windows 10: Unable to save files due to exceeded storage limit even though I deactivated the cloud and...

Discus and support Unable to save files due to exceeded storage limit even though I deactivated the cloud and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple of days ago I pop up informed me that I have exceeded my storage limit and needed to either delete or get more storage. I wasn't aware that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GillianFaichnie, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Unable to save files due to exceeded storage limit even though I deactivated the cloud and...

A couple of days ago I pop up informed me that I have exceeded my storage limit and needed to either delete or get more storage. I wasn't aware that Windows was automatically storing documents in the cloud, so I figured out how to disable the cloud and store my files on the hard drive. Today I got another note that I had exceeded my storage limit and saw that the cloud was active again, so again I deactivated it and rebooted the laptop. Now I notice red crosses against all my files despite the fact that the cloud is deactivated and they are now stored on the hard drive. I don't understand what is going on, am I saving my files correctly and how do I switch off the cloud permanently?

Thanks

:)

GillianFaichnie, Jun 26, 2020

2. One Drive storage exceeded

I keep getting messages telling me "Server storage quota has been exceeded. "
    If I disable One Drive, what happens to all that material that is there now? Is it also stored on my PC's hard drive, or do I somehow have to transfer the material back? Why is there a storage limit on the cloud? Being an "old fart" I am NOT "smart"
    with PC use, so I need an EASY way to handle this. I have NO use or need for One Cloud. My PC memory is 1 TB, more than adequate for my needs.

Edward von Koenigseck, Jun 26, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    cloud storage

Hi Merickson,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about cloud storage.

Yes, you may actually access the files that you saved on the cloud storage on other devices. That is actually the main purpose of cloud storage. First, you would need to identify what cloud storage service did you use (OneDrive or Google Drive). Then on your
    Windows 10 laptop, you would just need to use the same application and sign-in using the same account to access the documents.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Unable to save files due to exceeded storage limit even though I deactivated the cloud and...

Turn off cloud storage

Hi,

This pop-up "Choose Save DataA save game was found in the cloud storage location. Which saved game would you like to use?" usually occurs if you have played the game online and choose cloud as a storage for your saved game. For us to properly assist you
    with your concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• What options do you have when the pop-up occur?
    • What option did you select?

We would also appreciate if you can provide a screenshot of the pop-up message.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to save files due to exceeded storage limit even though I deactivated the cloud and...

1. Unable to save files due to exceeded storage limit even though I deactivated the cloud and... - Similar Threads - Unable save files

2. Files will be removed even though I fixed the limit.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files will be removed even though I fixed the limit.: I got this warning that my files will be removed in 2024 because I reached the free limit of 5GB. So I deleated a file and now Im at 2,88 GB. But this didnt solve the problem, I still see the sign that my files will be removed. Do I need to wait for OneDrive to realise Im...
  3. Microsoft storage limit exceeded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft storage limit exceeded?: I have Windows 11 and use Gmail for my email. Today I got an email from Microsoft saying I have exceeded my Microsoft storage limit. I don't use OneDrive or Outlook, so what does this mean? What other Microsoft storage is there?...
  4. Microsoft storage limit exceeded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft storage limit exceeded?: I have Windows 11 and use Gmail for my email. Today I got an email from Microsoft saying I have exceeded my Microsoft storage limit. I don't use OneDrive or Outlook, so what does this mean? What other Microsoft storage is there?...
  5. Windows limitation: file exceeded

Windows limitation: file exceeded: When copying from USB from Shared folders in Windows 11, I get this:Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved.I dunno about other users, but this is my first time i've had this one Windows 11.... On windows 10 both PC and virtual machine...
  6. Windows limitation: file exceeded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows limitation: file exceeded: When copying from USB from Shared folders in Windows 11, I get this:Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved.I dunno about other users, but this is my first time i've had this one Windows 11.... On windows 10 both PC and virtual machine...
  7. Cannot save to cloud storage

Cannot save to cloud storage: Hello, I'm having an issue using the 'Save as...' function in the Photos app. When trying to save the pictures to Box Drive cloud storage which appears in file explorer, I receive an error that says, "Try saving a copy instead. There isn't enough memory. Close some apps and...
  8. Storage Space Full even though I don;t have any files saved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Space Full even though I don;t have any files saved: Dear community, My surface laptop 2 storage has run out just on system updates alone and now I can't even open a word document. To free up space I've tried to uninstall all the updates but the storage is still full. I don't have any large files on the local drive and I only...
  9. "Unable to save game, Cloud Storage is full"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unable to save game, Cloud Storage is full": I am playing Rise of Nations, Extended Edition in Xbox Live on my Windows 10 PC. I've started getting this message and cannot save my games even though I always delete unneeded saves as I go. How do I save to the hard drive on my computer? Or how do I purchase more Cloud...
  10. Time limited exceeded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Time limited exceeded: I have time set for my son on Xbox (only) the activity report shows regular amounts of time in excess of the limit for the day, including days where it is 100% blocked. The process does work sometimes as I get extra time requests occasionally. Son agrees that on at least one...