Windows 10: Unable to save my Windows 10 Credentials

Discus and support Unable to save my Windows 10 Credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello: I have a home network with a laptop, a desktop and a printer. Every time I use the desktop to attempt to access any folder on the laptop I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sdmike1974, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Unable to save my Windows 10 Credentials

Hello:

I have a home network with a laptop, a desktop and a printer.

Every time I use the desktop to attempt to access any folder on the laptop I get prompted to enter my network credentials..

That would be fine except I check the Remember my credentials checkbox every time.

Any idea why my selection is not sticking?

Unable to save my Windows 10 Credentials c7bfba5f-c7cd-473d-b7fb-1ab3966e7a94?upload=true.jpg

:)

sdmike1974, Jul 26, 2019

2. Windows Credentials Error 0x80070057

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the thread mentioned below. Try to refer the steps provide by Alex Zhao in the thread mentioned below.

Unable
    to manage web credentials: credential manager gives a error 0x80070057.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Unable to save my Windows 10 Credentials

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to save my Windows 10 Credentials

1. Unable to save my Windows 10 Credentials - Similar Threads - Unable save Credentials

2. Windows 10 Pro - Network Credentials not Saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - Network Credentials not Saving: I have recently updated to Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to connect with my Synology NAS server where I store my Shared Folders. It is making me insert my password every time I start my computer. Windows 7 did not make me do this. What can I do to fix this? I have store the...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Network Credentials not Saving

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - Network Credentials not Saving: I have recently updated to Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to connect with my Synology NAS server where I store my Shared Folders. It is making me insert my password every time I start my computer. Windows 7 did not make me do this. What can I do to fix this? I have store the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Network Credentials not Saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Edit Windows hello saved credentials?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit Windows hello saved credentials?: I have one VM, where, when I use my fingerprint from Remote Desktop, it tries to log in as my admin account instead of my regular user account.Where would I remove a saved credential from Windows Hello?Under TERMSRV/... under Windows Credentials, I do not see the admin...
  6. Edit Windows hello saved credentials?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit Windows hello saved credentials?: I have one VM, where, when I use my fingerprint from Remote Desktop, it tries to log in as my admin account instead of my regular user account.Where would I remove a saved credential from Windows Hello?Under TERMSRV/... under Windows Credentials, I do not see the admin...
  7. Credential Manager not saving details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Credential Manager not saving details: Windows 10 Machine running OS Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Updated to latest available version as of 04/10/2021.When going to save details in credential manager the details are saved if the profile stay's logged in however if a reboot or a log off and log back onto the account...
  8. Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials: I have observed an issue with my WINDOWS 10 corporate PC. It seems Windows Credential Manager is unable to sync my passwords. As a preliminary troubleshooting, I have completed all the following steps but Credential Manager is still unable to sync my Web & Windows passwords....
  9. 2004 Broke Saved Credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Broke Saved Credentials: Hi, Ever since installing the 2004 update ,none of my saved system credentials persist. Its not a case of them having been forgotten, they're just not kept. Each time I log in to Windows, I have re-sign into OneDrive, my browsers, LastPass, etc... I haven't installed 2004...
  10. How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...

How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...: How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10 Professional? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-credential-manager-from-saving/61d95177-ee17-4d33-9560-250aa3dfad18