Windows 10: Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2

Discus and support Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, whenever I use the camera app on my Surface Book 2 there is always an error that says that the picture is not saved and there always pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EbenezerAdaaquah, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2

Hello, whenever I use the camera app on my Surface Book 2 there is always an error that says that the picture is not saved and there always pops up with an error message even after I have tried countless times to fix this. I do not know if this is something just with my laptop but please fix this problem quickly as it is quite frustrating for me whenever I use the camera.

Thank you,

Eben.

***Original title: Camera App on Windows Does not save pictures (Surface Book 2)***

:)

EbenezerAdaaquah, Feb 13, 2019

2. SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Feb 13, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2

New Surface Book Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (11 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Book Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2

1. Unable to save pictures from camera app on Surface Book 2 - Similar Threads - Unable save pictures

2. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started. I have tried uninstalling all of my camera resources and reinstalling them. I uninstalled the update. Nothing works. In...
  3. Unable to install download on surface book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install download on surface book 2: I am using a surface book 2 and am unable to install apps or programs from downloads. Installer gives an error message indicating that the files I am trying to download are either incomplete or corrupted. This is after windows has blocked the install and I have given...
  4. Surface book 2 unable to reset

Surface book 2 unable to reset: I wasn't able to detach the screen and the keybord of my surface book 2 wasn't working, i read and microsoft community to hold the power button for ~ 20 seconds to solve the problem. I did it but it booted to the screen "Your PC did not start correctly". I tried every...
  5. surface book camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book camera: the camera is not working and not showing in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-camera/c1f1ae7f-d81e-462d-b1d8-de0d1a01d72a
  6. Camera App on Windows Does not save pictures (Surface Book 2)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App on Windows Does not save pictures (Surface Book 2): Hello, whenever I use the camera app on my Surface Book 2 there is always an error that says that the picture is not saved and there always pops up with an error message even after I have tried countless times to fix this. I do not know if this is something just with my...
  7. Surface Book 2 Lag UWP apps

Surface Book 2 Lag UWP apps: Since yesterday (14/01/2019) my Surface Book 2 lags a lot when opening some UWP apps. This is specially noticeable in apps like Messenger and Instagram, but not limited to them. They take a lot to open, once they do they lag, delaying the user input. Already tried to reset...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze: Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party...
  10. Surface Book Camera: "photocapturefilecreationfailed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book Camera: "photocapturefilecreationfailed": OS: Windows 10 - all updates. Cannot save picture from neither camera. C:\Camera Roll exists. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/surface-book-camera-photocapturefilecreationfailed/1fcdf3e4-9197-4fe1-9694-5a627d52ee80