Windows 10: unable to save RDP connection file - Windows 10 Pro 17134.556

Discus and support unable to save RDP connection file - Windows 10 Pro 17134.556 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new laptop, an MSI G73, that is having an issue with Remote Desktop. I don't know whether this is a known bug, or whether this is something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cybot, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Cybot Win User

unable to save RDP connection file - Windows 10 Pro 17134.556

I have a new laptop, an MSI G73, that is having an issue with Remote Desktop. I don't know whether this is a known bug, or whether this is something unique to me, but, I am unable to save the connection file for the remote desktop session. after exiting the session I see a error message saying "an error occurred while saving to file "c:\users\*username*\documents\default.rdp."" I have going into a blank rdp session, and configuring everything and then hitting the save button, but the same error occurs. the file 'default.rdp' does get created, but for some reason windows can't overwrite it. I have tried deleting the file and letting it get recreated, but this does not seem to help.

I ran chkdsk /scan /perf but no error were found. I also ran sfc /scannow just to be through, but again no errors were found. It looks like I can save the connection file if I rename the connection file, but this is the only PC I am connecting to remotely so naming it default.rdp is fine.

:)

Cybot, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Feb 12, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Remote Desktop - Save connections

Hi Adrian,

Through Remote Desktop Protocol in Windows, you are provided with a graphical interface where you can save the current connection settings to an RDP file or open a saved connection. You may get to this interface by following the steps below:

• Type remote desktop in the Windows 10 taskbar search, and selecting
      Remote Desktop Connection. Make sure that the Computer,
      User name, etc. fields are filled in correctly under the
      General tab.
    • Click the Show options button.
    • From there, you can save the current connection settings to an RDP
      file or open a saved connection.
    • If you are to save a connection, click Save As, and choose the location from where you want to save the shortcut, and click on
      Save.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Feb 12, 2019
  4. tater1955 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

The link says for Office 2000 and 2003. Will this work for 2007?

tater1955, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. unable to save RDP connection file - Windows 10 Pro 17134.556 - Similar Threads - unable save RDP

2. unable to connect rdp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect rdp: unable to connect rdp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-rdp/dcbcad2c-9b46-45e2-9cd6-bfe028ccdba2
  3. unable to connect rdp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to connect rdp: unable to connect rdp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-rdp/dcbcad2c-9b46-45e2-9cd6-bfe028ccdba2
  4. unable to connect rdp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  6. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  7. How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]For quick and easy access, PC users can easily create a Remote Desktop Connection shortcut. In this post, we will show you how to save (and open) Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows 11 or Windows 10. Save (and open) Remote Desktop Connection...
  8. RDP Use and Windows 10 Pro Connectivity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP Use and Windows 10 Pro Connectivity: I have a remote device MS Surface Pro 7; expected to be used in-home only running Windows 10 Home.I have setup only three users on my desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro.Administrator ProfileDaily User Profile no admin rights; only with "User" group appliedDaily User Profile...
  9. RDP not connecting from MacBook to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP not connecting from MacBook to Windows 10 Pro: Both MacBook and Windows Laptop are connected to same wifi. I have provided the IP address of the Windows laptop to connect to it using RDP from MacBook. RDP app in mac is the official Microsoft's one. It asks for username and password. I have given my Microsoft account...
  10. Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows: How to: Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows [img] Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a remote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to save rdp file

2. remote desktop unable to open connection file when attempting to save file

3. saving rdp session unable to open connection file

4. unable to download connection file,
  5. unable to save rdp connection file,
  6. unable to find connection file rdp,
  7. rdp unable to open connection file,
  8. unable to open connection file rdp,
  9. remote desktop connection unable to open connection file,
  10. unable to save rdp connection,
  11. remote desktop connection unable to save default.rdp,